Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telma 40 tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and reduce the chances of heart disease, stroke or death in a patient over 55 years of age and are at risk of getting heart-related disorders. Telma 40 tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine containing telmisartan as its active ingredient. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and thus helps reduce pressure inside blood vessels and allows the heart to pump efficiently. Telma 40 should not be used during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected, treatment should be discontinued.
Uses of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Telma 40 tablet is used for the treatment of mild-to-moderate high blood pressure and also to reduce the chances of heart attack, stroke or death in patients over 55 years of age who are at risk of getting heart-related disorders.
Contraindications of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any ingredients of Telma 40 tablet.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant, treatment should be discontinued if pregnancy is detected.
- If you have an obstruction or blockage in your bile duct (a duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder).
- If you have severe liver disease or liver failure or kidney function problem.
- If you have diabetes or kidney impairment and you are been treated with aliskiren (to treat high blood pressure).
Side effects of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Low blood pressure
- Lung infection
- Feeling sad
- Slow heart rate
- Chest pain
- Upset stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Telma 40 tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Telma 40 during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby. This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor may switch you to a safer alternative.
Can I take Telma 40 tablet while breastfeeding?
Telma 40 tablet should not be used by breastfeeding women. It is advised to consult your doctor for an alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telma 40 tablet?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive. Hence, be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Telma 40 tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment, as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease.
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You are having diarrhoea, vomiting as this can cause dehydration and lead to low blood pressure. Consume plenty of water and fluids.
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels).
- You have an increased level of potassium in your blood.
- You are diabetic, have low blood pressure problem (hypotension) or any heart disorder.
- You are taking blood pressure-lowering medicines such as ramipril or lisinopril.
Mode of Action of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin II is a natural substance which is produced in the body and responsible for constriction (narrowing) of blood vessels. Too much of this substance can lead to water retention and increase in blood pressure. Telma 40 works by preventing or inhibiting the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors and hence prevents the blood pressure from raising by relaxing or widening the blood vessels.
Directions for Use of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Telma 40 should be taken as a whole as directed by the treating doctor. You should take it at the same time every day for better blood pressure control.
Interactions of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used for heart disorder like digoxin, dose adjustment may be required if needs to be used concomitantly with the Telma 40.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Telma 40 works or the Telma 40 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders.read less
Interactions with food items
It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli, potatoes.
Storage and disposal of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store in the original packaging, protected from sunlight and moisture
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Telma 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
An overdose of Telma 40 tablet can cause symptoms like irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, fainting and sometimes even kidney failure. Seek emergency medical help if you have taken too much of this medicine and experiencing any of the side effects.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it can lead to serious health problems. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with Telma 40?
- No, do not take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with this medicine. Telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels. Regular routine tests should be performed.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit salt in the diet, avoid pickles and packaged foods like chips as it contains excess salt.
- Avoid consuming potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Avoid smoking and drinking. Discuss with your doctor if you drink too often.
Q: What is the use of Telma 40 tablet?
A: Telma 40 is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent or reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack and death due to heart problems in elderly patients.
Q: Can Telma 40 be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, you can take this medicine with or without food.
Q: Can I take Telma 40 tablet if I am taking antidiabetic medicines?
A: Yes, you can take this medicine along with your antidiabetic medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is the difference between Telma H and Telma 40?
A: Both of these medicines are used to control high blood pressure. However, your doctor will decide which one to give you depending upon the severity of disease and the underlying cause of high blood pressure.
Q: What are the side effects of Telma 40 tablet?
- The most common side effects are flu-like symptoms, cold, headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, tiredness and vomiting.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any serious side effects like chest pain, shortness of breath, feeling of fainting, painful or difficult urination, swelling and high potassium (slow heart and pulse rate and excessive muscle weakness).read less
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Telmisartan [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- AG-Telmisartan Tablet [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 05:18 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved