Targocid 200mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Targocid 200 MG Description
Targocid Powder For Injection contains Teicoplanin as its active ingredient. It is used for treating serious bacterial infections. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doct
or or nurse as an Powder For Injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Targocid 200 MG
Contraindications of Targocid 200 MG
Side effects of Targocid 200 MG
- Powder For Injection site reactions like pain, redness, swelling
- Skin rashes, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Targocid 200 MG
- Targocid Powder For Injection should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only give you this medicine if considered essential and if the benefits overweigh the risks.
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to another antibiotic called vancomycin.
- You have problems with your kidneys.
- You have a low platelet count.
- You have a condition called red man syndrome (symptoms include redness, itching, rash, fever, chills).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition.
- You are on other medications which may affect your kidneys, hearing or nervous system.
- You develop some serious side effects or allergic reactions after treatment with Targocid Powder For Injection.
Mode of Action of Targocid 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Targocid 200 MG
- Targocid Powder For Injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Targocid 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Targocid Powder For Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Targocid Powder For Injection along with aminoglycoside solutions should be avoided.
- This medicine should be used with caution along with aminoglycosides, colistin, amphotericin B, ciclosporin, cisplatin, furosemide and ethacrynic acid.
Storage and disposal of Targocid 200 MG
- Store Targocid Powder For Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Targocid 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Targocid Powder For Injection?
Q: Can I take Targocid Powder For Injection on my own?
Q: Can I stop taking Targocid Powder For Injection on my own?
Q: Is Targocid Powder For Injection an antibiotic?
- Targocid 400mg powder for solution for injection/infusion or oral solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Targocid 400mg powder for solution for injection/infusion or oral solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO- Teicoplanin [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]