Sylate 500mg Tablet
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Sylate 500mg Tablet contains etamsylate. This medicine reduces bleeding time and blood loss.
Uses of Sylate 500mg Tablet
- Treatment of excessive blood loss during menstruation
- To prevent brain haemorrhage in newly born babies
Contraindications of Sylate 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are suffering from any kind of blood disorder
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Sylate 500mg Tablet
- Skin rashes
- Temporary low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Sylate 500mg Tablet
Can I take Sylate 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Sylate 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine during breastfeeding. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sylate 500mg Tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or use machinery, however, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Sylate 500mg Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction of alcohol along with this medicine. Still, it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of coeliac disease, a condition when your immune system attacks your tissues when you eat gluten like rye or barley
- You are pregnant or planning to have a baby
- You are breastfeeding
Mode of Action of Sylate 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by inducing the coagulation of blood by making the platelets stick together, hence helps in controlling bleeding from blood vessels.
Directions for Use of Sylate 500mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor
- Always take it at the same time every day
- It should be taken orally
- Never stop the medicine on your own
Interactions of Sylate 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines or vitamins. Sylate 500mg Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Sylate 500mg Tablet
- It should be kept in a cool and dry place
- Store it below 25°C
- Keep it away from heat and light
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date
- Do not throw away any medicines via waste water or household waste
Dosage of Sylate 500mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and you experience any adverse effects, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking this medicine?
A: You should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or trying to be a parent. If you are breastfeeding. If you have a history of allergic reactions to any medicine.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:31 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved