Suprabenz 0.25mg Tablets
Suprabenz 0.25 MG Description
Suprabenz 0.25 mg Tablets are a prescription medication used in the treatment of short-term anxiety and insomnia. Suprabenz Tablets bind to certain receptors present in the brain and effectively rela
xes its hyperactivity. Anxiety is the feeling of uneasiness and worry that may cause a person to sweat, overthink small things, experience a rapid increase in heart rate, etc. The active ingredient of Suprabenz Tablets is etizolam. It is firmly advised to adhere to the dosage schedule of Suprabenz prescribed by your doctor. Do not discontinue Suprabenz 0.25 mg Tabs suddenly, as this can result in withdrawal symptoms. Some common side effects of Suprabenz 0.25 mg Tablets include alteration in libido, fainting, headaches, sedation, depression, confusion, impairment of muscle coordination, and slurred speech. Your doctor may initially prescribe a lower dose of Suprabenz 0.25 mg and increase it later depending on how you respond to the medication.
|You Save||₹6.22 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, insomnia|
|Side effects||Altered libido, dizziness, confusion, vomiting, depression, headache, muscle weakness, sedation, slurred speech, etc.|
Uses of Suprabenz 0.25 MG
- Suprabenz 0.25 mg Tablets are used in,
- Treatment of short-term anxiety
- Treatment of insomnia
Contraindications of Suprabenz 0.25 MG
- If you have myasthenia gravis. This is a neuromuscular condition that causes rapid muscle fatigue, and can lead to severe weakness, and other difficulties as the patient's condition declines.
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to etizolam, benzodiazepines or other inactive substances present in Suprabenz Tabs.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma. Patients with glaucoma have an increased risk of developing adverse side effects.
- If you have been diagnosed with porphyria. This rare blood disease can worsen if the patient takes Suprabenz.
Side effects of Suprabenz 0.25 MG
- Alteration in the levels of libido
- Impairment of muscle coordination
- Visual Impairment
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Suprabenz 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts or experience changes in behaviour after taking Suprabenz Tabs.
- You want to discontinue the medicine. Suddenly discontinuing Suprabenz 0.25 mg may increase the risk of withdrawal symptoms, more so if the medicine has been used for a long time.
- You have a history of substance abuse. Suprabenz Tablets can be habit-forming.
- You have low blood pressure, the medication should be used with caution. Suprabenz can cause a sudden drop in the blood pressure of a person and can lead to headaches or dizziness.
- You are elderly, the medication carries an increased risk of causing side effects.
- You have been diagnosed with personality disorders, the medication should be used with caution. Alternative medication can be used depending on a patient's clinical condition.
- You experience symptoms such as rashes, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing.
Mode of Action of Suprabenz 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Suprabenz 0.25 MG
- Suprabenz 0.25 mg Tablets must be taken as and when directed by your doctor.
- Take Suprabenz Tablets at the same time every day to ensure that a constant level of medication is maintained in the blood.
- Swallow Suprabenz Tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush, or chew it, as this can reduce its efficacy.
- Suprabenz 0.25 Tabs can be taken with or without food.
- Do not alter the recommended dosage of Suprabenz Tabs. Talk to your doctor if you feel that your prescribed dosage is not working for you.
- Do not stop taking Suprabenz Tabs without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Suprabenz 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with interaction with other medicines, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Suprabenz 0.25 mg TAbs are known to interact with the following medicines:
- Clozapine (an antipsychotic medicine used for schizophrenia and reduces the risk of suicidal behaviour)- The serum concentration of Clozapine can be increased leading to side deffcts of Clozapine.
- Cetirizine (an antihistamine medication that can relieve allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, itchy nose or eyes, hives and runny nose) - drowsiness and increased side effects of Cetirizine
- Metoclopramide (used in the treatment of nausea and vomiting or slow emptying of the stomach in patients with diabetes) - The risk or severity of sedation can be increased.
- Disulfiram (aids in the treatment of chronic alcoholism) - changes in heart rhythm.
- Clonidine (medication to lower blood pressure)- The risk or severity of sedation can be increased.
- Ketoconazole (antifungal medication used in the treatment of skin infections like athlete’s foot, ringworm, etc.) - The metabolism of Suprabenz 0.25 mg TAb can be decreased when combined with Ketoconazole leading to increased chances of side effects of Suprabenz 0.25 mg Tab....
Interactions with food items
- It is advisable to not consume grapefruit juice when taking Suprabenz Tablets since it can lead to an increase in the risk of adverse side effects.