Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets is a combination medicine. It contains Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure not controlled by mo
notherapy (individual components). This medicine works by the combined action of its two components, it relaxes the blood vessels and helps in removing the unwanted salt and water from the body. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and it is very important to take your anti-hypertensive medicines on time along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications. Consult your doctor for more information on this....
Uses of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
For the treatment of high blood pressure
Contraindications of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Known allergy to Amlodipine or Hydrochlorthiazide or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have anuria (not passing urine or passing urine less than 100ml in a day).
- If you suffer from heart failure after a heart attack, extremely low blood pressure, narrowing of a heart valve.
- If you are suffering from cardiogenic shock 9a condition in which your heart is not able to pump sufficient blood).
Side effects of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular blood count
Precautions and Warnings of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine is not established in pregnancy and hence it should not be taken during pregnancy to avoid undesirable effects. Consult your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
Can I take Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breast milk. To avoid possible harm to the baby avoid taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding or discontinue breastfeeding if the treatment with this medicine is considered essential by the doctor. This decision should be taken by your treating doctor do not do self-analysis of your condition.
Can I drive if I have consumed Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets?
If you are unable to stay alert and have visual disturbances, headache or dizziness after taking this medicine, please avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You should not consume alcohol with this medicine. Alcohol consumption while taking this medicine can lead to excessive low blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney related condition.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You have heart failure, as it should be used with caution.
- You are an elderly, special attention is required for an elderly patient.
- You are already taking any blood pressure-lowering medicine.
- You are dehydrated or passing too much urine, vomiting and have excessive diarrhoea.
- You are diabetic and taking anti-diabetic medicine or insulin.
- This medicine may interfere with the laboratory test results of certain tests, tell your doctor or laboratory personnel.
- This medicine may lead to salt or electrolyte imbalance, patients should be monitored closely.
Mode of Action of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets works by the combined action of Amlodipine and Hydrochlorthiazide. Amlodipine works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reduces the blood pressure inside them
- Hydrochlorthiazide acts by removing excess fluid and salt from the body by increasing the urine output thus help reduce blood volume and pressure. It also reduces the load on the heart.
Directions for Use of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets as per your doctor's prescription.
- Try to take it at the same time every day for effective results.
Interactions of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Simvastatin(used to lower cholesterol levels), Tacrolimus and Cyclosporin (immunomodulators) may interact with this medicine and may require dose reduction.
- Blood pressure-lowering effect of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets is enhanced by certain medicines acting on the brain, antifungals(azoles) and antibiotics (erythromycin or clarithromycin) can lead to excessive low blood pressure....Read more
- Certain medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as Cholestyramine and Colestipol if taken along with Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets can reduce its absorption and reduce its desired action.
- Steroidal medicines if taken along with this medicine can lead to salt imbalances particularly reduced potassium levels.
- Anti-inflammatory or painkiller medicines can reduce the blood pressure-lowering action of this medicine and the patient needs to be monitored closely.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or herbal preparation if you are taking currently or might take.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit and Grapefruit juice
Dosage of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets
An overdose of this medicine can lead to salt imbalance and dehydration due to excessive urination, fast heartbeat and shock. Reach out to your treating doctor or nearby hospital as soon as possible.
Try to carry the strip of the medicine for easy analysis and extend of overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of your blood pressure-lowering medicine. If you happen to miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it's already time for your next dose. Do
not take two doses together to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets is used for the treatment of high blood pressure along with diet and lifestyle modifications.
Q: When should I take Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. For effective blood pressure control try to take this medicine at the same time every day and do not miss any dose of this medicine.
Q: Can I take other supplements for controlling my blood pressure along with Stamlo D Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: No, you should not take other agents for controlling blood pressure along with this medicine, you should always consult your doctor before taking any other medicine, supplement or herbals while you are on this medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved