Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Setolac Er 300 MG Description
Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Etodolac and is a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicine. It works by interfering the synthesis of pain mediators such as prostaglandins in the body.
Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used to treat pain and swelling associated with arthritis and gout. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, do not use it if you are pregnant or planning for a baby. Inform the doctor about all other medicines, including over the counter and herbal medicines you are taking before starting with Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
|You Save||₹40.68 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Setolac Er 300 MG
- For relieving pain and swelling associated with osteoarthritis and gout.
- It is also used to reliving Postoperative Pain, dental pain and muscular pain.
Contraindications of Setolac Er 300 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of peptic ulcers or stomach bleeding
- If you have a history of stomach/intestinal bleeding or allergic reaction like asthma, allergy, swelling or rashes due to other painkillers like ibuprofen, aspirin
- If you have any heart, liver or kidney problem
- If you are pregnant (last trimester)
Side effects of Setolac Er 300 MG
- Allergic reactions like rashes, urge to scratch, asthma, difficulty in breathing
- Depression, headaches, dizziness, lack of sleep, confusion
- Rashes, an urge to scratch
- Visual disturbance, ringing sound in ears
- Acidity, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, stomach pain, constipation, indigestion
- Frequent and painful urination
- Lack of energy, weakness, chills, fever
Precautions and Warnings of Setolac Er 300 MG
- It is not safe during pregnancy. It can delay the onset of labour and can increase the risk of bleeding. It can also affect the cardiac activity of the fetus.
- Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You may experience side effects with concomitant use of other painkillers.
- You have a history of asthma, caution is required as it may cause bronchospasm.
- You have a heart, kidney or liver problem, in such conditions, the dose needs to be adjusted, and regular kidney and liver function tests are monitored.
- You are an elderly person because elderly persons are more prone to adverse reactions or stomach bleeding.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart problem because there are chances of fluid retention or swelling due to this therapy.
- You may suffer from GI bleeding or stomach bleeding on the use of painkillers if you already have a history of peptic ulcers.
- You may suffer from auto-immune disorders like systemic lupus erythematosus (a disease affecting the skin, joints and kidneys) and sometimes other skin reactions. The doctor may discontinue the treatment also as per the condition....
- It is not recommended for children unless prescribed by the doctor.
- You are planning for a baby, as it may also impair with female fertility.
Mode of Action of Setolac Er 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Setolac Er 300 MG
Interactions of Setolac Er 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of other painkillers like aspirin, as it can increase the risk of side effects.
- It can reduce the effect of few medicines like Metoprolol, Enalapril, Valsartan (antihypertensives) or water pills like Furosemide and can lead to kidney toxicity.
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions like Digoxin can worsen the heart activity on concomitant use with painkillers.
- Simultaneous use of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets can reduce the effect of Mifepristone; it should be given between a gap of 10-12 days.
- If anticoagulants like Warfarin, anti-platelets like Clopidogrel and antidepressants like Alprazolam, are used along with this medicine, it can increase clotting time and increase the risk of bleeding respectively....
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin can increase the risk of fits/convulsion associated with Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- Corticosteroids like Prednisone can increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Other medicines which can interact with Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets are lithium, Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin, Methotrexate and Zidovudine.
Storage and disposal of Setolac Er 300 MG
- Store this medicine in original packing in order to protect it from moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Setolac Er 300 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.