Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Etodolac and is a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicine. It works by interfering the synthesis of pain mediators such as prostaglandins in the body. S
etolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used to treat pain and swelling associated with arthritis and gout. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, do not use it if you are pregnant or planning for a baby. Inform the doctor about all other medicines, including over the counter and herbal medicines you are taking before starting with Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets....
Uses of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- For relieving pain and swelling associated with osteoarthritis and gout.
- It is also used to reliving Postoperative Pain, dental pain and muscular pain.
Contraindications of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of peptic ulcers or stomach bleeding
- If you have a history of stomach/intestinal bleeding or allergic reaction like asthma, allergy, swelling or rashes due to other painkillers like ibuprofen, aspirin
- If you have any heart, liver or kidney problem
- If you are pregnant (last trimester)
Side effects of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Allergic reactions like rashes, urge to scratch, asthma, difficulty in breathing
- Depression, headaches, dizziness, lack of sleep, confusion
- Rashes, an urge to scratch
- Visual disturbance, ringing sound in ears
- Acidity, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, stomach pain, constipation, indigestion
- Frequent and painful urination
- Lack of energy, weakness, chills, fever
Precautions and Warnings of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
- It is not safe during pregnancy. It can delay the onset of labour and can increase the risk of bleeding. It can also affect the cardiac activity of the fetus.
- Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breast milk in a very less amount. Hence it is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You may feel dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and visual disturbance after taking this medicine. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Alcohol can increase your risk of stomach bleeding. So it is advised to avoid alcohol intake during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience side effects with concomitant use of other painkillers.
- You have a history of asthma, caution is required as it may cause bronchospasm.
- You have a heart, kidney or liver problem, in such conditions, the dose needs to be adjusted, and regular kidney and liver function tests are monitored.
- You are an elderly person because elderly persons are more prone to adverse reactions or stomach bleeding.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart problem because there are chances of fluid retention or swelling due to this therapy.
- You may suffer from GI bleeding or stomach bleeding on the use of painkillers if you already have a history of peptic ulcers.
- You may suffer from auto-immune disorders like systemic lupus erythematosus (a disease affecting the skin, joints and kidneys) and sometimes other skin reactions. The doctor may discontinue the treatment also as per the condition....Read more
- It is not recommended for children unless prescribed by the doctor.
- You are planning for a baby, as it may also impair with female fertility.
Mode of Action of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by blocking the prostaglandins synthesis, which is responsible for pain and swelling. Hence helps in treating pain and inflammation.
Directions for Use of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets as directed by your doctor. It can be taken with or after food.
Interactions of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of other painkillers like aspirin, as it can increase the risk of side effects.
- It can reduce the effect of few medicines like Metoprolol, Enalapril, Valsartan (antihypertensives) or water pills like Furosemide and can lead to kidney toxicity.
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions like Digoxin can worsen the heart activity on concomitant use with painkillers.
- Simultaneous use of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets can reduce the effect of Mifepristone; it should be given between a gap of 10-12 days.
- If anticoagulants like Warfarin, anti-platelets like Clopidogrel and antidepressants like Alprazolam, are used along with this medicine, it can increase clotting time and increase the risk of bleedingrespectively....Read more
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin can increase the risk of fits/convulsion associated with Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- Corticosteroids like Prednisone can increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Other medicines which can interact with Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets are lithium, Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin, Methotrexate and Zidovudine.
Storage and disposal of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine in original packing in order to protect it from moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, stomach bleeding, rarely diarrhoea or fits, excitation, coma, drowsiness, dizziness, ringing sound in ears, fainting. It may also
cause kidney failure or liver damage. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take alcohol during the treatment?
A: Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine, as it can cause excessive drowsiness and can increase the risk of stomach problems. You may experience symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines.
Q: Does it affect female fertility?
A: Yes, it may impair with female fertility. The women who are trying to get pregnant are not recommended to use this medicine.
Q: What is Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets used for?
A: Setolac Er 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is a painkiller medicine used to treat various types of pain such as dental pain, muscular pain and postoperative pain, and it is also used to relieve pain associated with gout.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:24 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved