Seizgard 50mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Seizgard 50 mg tablet comes under the therapeutic classification of antiepileptic medicines. Seizgard 50 mg tablets are most commonly used for the adjunctive management of partial-onset seizures in people aged 17 years and above. Partial onset seizures are when the onset of the abnormal electrical activity of the nerve cells in only one part of the brain occurs. Symptoms of seizures can be uncontrollable jerking movements, confusion, loss of awareness, anxiety and fear. Seizgard 50 mg tablets are composed of 50mg of Lacosamide. Seizgard 50 mg tablet is a prescription medicine, and it is to be taken exactly as suggested by the physician. The medicine should not be taken in more than prescribed amounts. The physician should be consulted immediately if the patient experiences any side effects, the condition worsens or allergic side effects. The medicine should be continued for as long as your doctor recommends. Dizziness, Headache, Double vision, Nausea, Insomnia, Depression, and Confused state are the side effects of Seizgard 50 mg tablet. It is essential to follow the complete course of treatment. The medicine should not be given to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms or condition. Also, the doctor should be informed about the patient’s medical history and if they are taking any new medicines to avoid any medication interactions. The medicine should not be stopped suddenly without consulting the doctor as it can cause withdrawal effects like the potential for increased seizure frequency in patients with seizure disorders. The doctor may gradually taper the dosage over one week based on the patient’s medical condition before stopping it completely...
|You Save||₹31.32 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||As an adjunctive treatment of partial-onset Seizures in patients above 17 years of age.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Headache, Double vision, Nausea, Insomnia, Depression, Confusional state.|
Check more medicines with composition as Lacosamide(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Seizgard 50 MG
- As an adjunctive treatment of partial-onset seizures in patients above 17 years of age.
Contraindications of Seizgard 50 MG
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have lacosamide hypersensitivity or an allergy to any other ingredients present in Seizgard 50 mg tablet.
- Heart conditions like the second or third-degree atrioventricular block.
Side effects of Seizgard 50 MG
- Double vision
- Confusional state
Precautions and Warnings of Seizgard 50 MG
Can I take Seizgard 50 mg tablets during pregnancy?
Seizgard 50 mg tablets are not recommended during pregnancy. Limited studies have reported that this medicine can cause harmful effects like an increase in malformations in the developing baby. However, consult your doctor for evaluating potential risks and benefits before using the medicine.
Can I take Seizgard 50 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
Using Seizgard 50 mg tablets while breastfeeding may be unsafe since this medicine can be excreted into human breast milk. You must seek medical consultation to decide whether to discontinue nursing or discontinue the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Seizgard 50 mg tablets?
It's not advisable to drive or operate any heavy machinery that requires high mental alertness when taking Seizgard 50 mg tablets. It can cause side effects like dizziness and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Can I consume alcohol with Seizgard 50 mg tablets?
Caution should be taken if you want to use Seizgard 50 mg tablets with alcohol. Consult your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You conceive during the course of Seizgard 50 mg tablets or are planning a pregnancy.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease.
- You have an addiction to alcohol or other medicines.
Mode of Action of Seizgard 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Seizgard 50 mg tablet contains lacosamide which exerts its mechanism of action by enhancing the slow inactivation of sodium gated channels responsible for the onset of seizures. These sodium channels alter the neuronal activity in the brain and lead to seizures. Thereby decreasing the abnormal electrical activity in the brain, Seizgard 50 mg tablet controls seizures and fits....
Directions for Use of Seizgard 50 MG
- Take the Seizgard 50 mg tablet exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Take the Seizgard 50 mg tablet with or without food.
- Swallow Seizgard 50 mg tablet with a glass of water.
- Do not split, chew or crush it. Read the label instructions carefully.
- Take the dosage in recommended amounts at a particular time in the day to get maximum benefits and desired clinical effect.
Interactions of Seizgard 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seizgard 50 mg tablets can cause adverse reactions when taken with the following medicines:
- Interaction with antifungal medicines like itraconazole, ketoconazole which are considered as potent inhibitors of CYP3A4 can increase the exposure of Seizgard 50 mg tablets. Dose reduction is essential in such conditions....
- Interaction with medicines that can prolong the PR interval, like beta-blockers, and calcium channel blockers, may increase the risk of atrioventricular block, fast heart rate and irregular heartbeats....
- To avoid undesirable side effects of medication interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking.
Storage and disposal of Seizgard 50 MG
Store Seizgard 50 mg tablets at room temperature below 25℃. Store it in an airtight container, away from the reach of children and pets. Keep the Seizgard 50 mg tablets away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture. Keep your tablets in the packaging until it is time to take them. Do not throw away the medicines with household waste. Dispose of the expired/unused medicine immediately as biomedical waste. Do not use it post the date of expiry stated on the label....
Dosage of Seizgard 50 MG
Do not take Seizgard 50 mg tablets in more than prescribed doses. If you overdose on Seizgard 50 mg tablets, seek emergency medical treatment and contact your doctor immediately. Symptoms of overdose can be dizziness, nausea, vomiting, heart conduction disorders and convulsions....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, take the Seizgard 50 mg tablets just when you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not alter the recommended dosage, as it can have adverse effects....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are Seizgard 50 mg tablets safe for elderly patients?
A: Since elderly patients are more prone to kidney and liver impairments, dose adjustments and review are necessary if you take Seizgard 50 mg tablets.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken if you are taking Seizgard 50 mg tablets?
A: Seizgard 50 mg tablets are associated with an increased risk of suicidal behaviour. Caution should be taken in such cases. Also, these tablets can cause dizziness which could cause an increased risk of falls and accidental injuries. Also, you should be careful in patients with a history of cardiac disease.
Q: For how long should you take Seizgard 50 mg tablets?
A: Your doctor will tell you how long to take Seizgard 50 mg tablets. You should not stop using Seizgard 50 mg tablets unless your doctor has told you to. It is important to continue with your medication, even if you feel better. If you stop the treatment too early, the symptoms may return.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 25]. Available from:
- HIGHLIGHTS OF PRESCRIBING INFORMATION [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 25]. Available from:
- Vimpat 50 mg film-coated tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 25]. Available from:
- Lacosamide. In: Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. National Library of Medicine; 2021.