Scavista 6a Tab
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
Scavista 6a Tab is a combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin, an antiparasitic medicine.
Uses of Scavista 6a Tab
- For the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts especially legs
Contraindications of Scavista 6a Tab
- If you are allergic to Albendazole, Ivermectin or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to Albendazole like Omeprazole, Mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Scavista 6a Tab
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and constipationread less
- Muscle pain, weakness, fatigue and irregular heartbeats
- Headache, dizziness, fits, feeling sleepy and spinning of head
- Skin rashes, hair loss and itching, fever
- Swelling of face and other body parts
- Gradual drop in blood pressure when you stand
Precautions and Warnings of Scavista 6a Tab
Can I take Scavista 6a Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine has the potential to harm the unborn baby and can lead to congenital disabilities and abnormalities and is recommended not to be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Scavista 6a Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine is secreted in human milk in small amounts which may not cause potential harm to the baby. However, it is advisable to discuss with your doctor in detail if you have to take Scavista 6a Tab while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Scavista 6a Tab?
If you experience dizziness, fits or visual disturbances, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Scavista 6a Tab?
As this medicine is known to cause liver problems and liver functions need to monitored while on therapy, you are advised to limit your alcohol consumption to a minimum or avoid completely.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you develop rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction of skin, dark patches on skin and swelling
- If your body is not able to produce sufficient blood cells due to bone marrow suppression, test for blood cell count should be done after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later onread less
- Women of childbearing potential should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy
- If you experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in ears, it may lead to an eye disorder
- If you have liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended
- If you experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared
Mode of Action of Scavista 6a Tab
How Does It Work?
Albendazole inhibits the growth of parasite and kills it by checking the absorption of glucose by parasite whereas Ivermectin acts on the outer membrane of the parasite causing paralysis and death of the parasite.
Directions for Use of Scavista 6a Tab
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by the doctor.
Interactions of Scavista 6a Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Steroids like dexamethasone used for skin allergies, asthma and arthritis
- Medicines used to treat worm infection like Praziquantel
- Medicine used in asthma to prevent shortness of breath
- Medicines used to treat heartburn and ulcer-like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin
Storage and disposal of Scavista 6a Tab
- Store this medicine in cool and dry places
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Scavista 6a Tab
Symptoms of overdose are fits, vomiting, slow heart rate, dizziness, diarrhoea or skin rashes. If you have consumed too much of this medicine, seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what type of infections can I use Scavista 6a Tab?
A: Scavista 6a Tab is used to treat roundworm infections. Commonly encountered roundworms are Ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), trichiurus trichiura (whipworm), necator americanus (new world hookworm) and ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and filariasis (elephentiasis). This medicine is generally considered to be safe and effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of these worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them can cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anemia and eosinophilia are some symptoms which are common for most nematodes. Self-treatment with Scavista 6a Tab is not recommended. It is advisable to take this medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Scavista 6a Tab?
A: This medicine can affect your liver or bone marrow. Hence, routine monitoring of blood tests is required. Especially, liver function tests need to be done every 2 weeks while on therapy. Do not take Scavista 6a Tab during pregnancy. Do not try for pregnancy until 1 month after stopping this medicine. Consult your doctor if you develop any skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved