Salicylix Sf 6% Oint 50gm
Salicylix Sf 6 % Description
Salicylix Sf Ointment helps in treating certain skin conditions like dermatitis, acne, warts, psoriasis, etc. It contains salicylic acid as its active ingredient that belongs to a keratolytic class o
f medicines. It breaks down the layers of thick skin. If you accidentally apply over eyes or cuts or open wounds, wash immediately with plenty of water. It is meant for external applications only. Do not use it without consulting a doctor or dermatologist. Also, inform the doctor if you are using other topical creams for any disorders. It is advised to wear protective clothing and sunscreen before stepping out.
Uses of Salicylix Sf 6 %
Precautions and Warnings of Salicylix Sf 6 %
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to ingredients present in Salicylix Sf Ointment
- You are a pregnant or nursing woman.
- You are using any other medications like antifungals, steroid medicines, supplements and herbal preparations. If you are unsure, consult your doctor before using Salicylix Sf Ointment.
- You are using any other topical medications.
- It should not be used in children below 2 years old.
- Try to avoid using abrasive soaps and cleansers or alcohol containing products.
Ingredients and Benefits of Salicylix Sf 6 %
- Salicylix Sf Ointment contains salicylic acid as its active ingredient.
- Salicylic acid acts as a keratolytic or peeling agent. It works by shedding off the dead skin from the top layer of the skin and decreases the swelling and redness. Salicylic acid makes the skin soft and loosen. Then makes the skin dry and scaly. Thus, that skin will be peeled or removed easily....
Directions for Use of Salicylix Sf 6 %
- Use Salicylix Sf Ointment as directed by the doctor
- Wash the affected area and also your hands and dry.
- Take the required amount of Ointment.
- Apply a thin layer of Ointment over the affected area and with a very gentle massage if needed.
- If the affected area is your hands then do not wash your hands after the application.
- Avoid getting medicine in the eyes, nose, lips or other sensitive areas.
Storage and disposal of Salicylix Sf 6 %
- Store Salicylix Sf Ointment in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any side effects of using Salicylix Sf Ointment?
Q: Any precautions while applying this Ointment?
- Try to avoid using it on larger areas of the skin.
- Avoid prolonged use of this Ointment.
- Do not use it under an airtight dressing.
- Do not let this Ointment come into contact with eyes, nose, mouth or any broken skin such as cuts, rashes.
Q: What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Q: Do I need a prescription for Salicylix Sf Ointment?
- Drugs H. Salicylic Acid Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Salicylic acid | DermNet NZ [Internet]. Dermnetnz.org. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Salicylic Acid for Acne: Benefits, Dosages, and Side Effects [Internet]. Healthline. 2021 [cited 31 August 2021]