Roxid 150mg Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Uses of Roxid 150mg Tablet
Roxid-150 tablet is used for the treatment of infections in the ear, nose and throat, lungs and airways infection, infections in the genital area, meningitis (infection in membranes of the brain).
Contraindications of Roxid 150mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to roxithromycin, azithromycin or any other ingredient of Roxid-150 tablet.
- If you have severe liver problems.
- If you are taking any medicine for migraine.
Side effects of Roxid 150mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
- Oral infection
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Roxid 150mg Tablet
Can I take Roxid-150 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information regarding the usage of Roxid-150 tablet in pregnant women. Hence it is advised to consult a doctor before the use of this medicine and take this medicine only if prescribed by a doctor. Self-medication should be avoided.
Can I take Roxid-150 tablet while breastfeeding?
Roxid-150 tablet passes in human breast milk and can cause diarrhoea followed by diaper rash in the newborn baby. Hence it is recommended to avoid this medicine while breastfeeding or monitor your child closely.
Can I drive if I have consumed Roxid-150 tablet?
Roxid-150 tablet is not known to interfere with driving ability. However, if you experience dizziness or any other discomfort while using this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Roxid-150 tablet?
Roxid-150 tablet does not have any interactions with alcohol. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor if you consume alcohol frequently.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney issues.
- You have heart problems.
- You experience continuous diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Roxid 150mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Roxithromycin interferes with the protein synthesis of bacteria, thereby inhibiting bacterial growth and helps in reducing the infection.
Interactions of Roxid 150mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of blood thinners like warfarin is said to increase when used together with Roxid-150 tablet.
- The effect of medications used to treat sleep-related disorders like midazolam is increased when used with this medicine.
- Medicine used to treat gastrointestinal problems like cisapride may interfere with the effect of Roxid-150 tablet when used together.
- The effect Theophylline were increased when used together with Roxid-150 tablet. So in case of treatment using a high dose of theophylline precaution should be taken.
- Use of medicines to treat migraine, like ergot alkaloids with Roxid-150 tablet can increase the risk of side effects when used together with Roxid-150 tablet.
- The effect of antiallergic medicine, like terfenadine, is increased and this may increase the risk of heart-related side effects when used with Roxid-150 tablet.
- Medicine used to treat the immune system like cyclosporin.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction
Interactions with food items
Medicine taken with food may reduce absorption, it should be taken on an empty stomach or at least 15 minutes before food.
Storage and disposal of Roxid 150mg Tablet
- Store the tablets in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Roxid 150mg Tablet
Overdose can cause diarrhoea, dyspepsia, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting. In case of an overdose visit to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember, or if it is time for your next dose then continue with your scheduled dosing. If you don’t understand what to do, contact your physician, but do not take any double dose of medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Roxid-150 tablet?
A: You must discuss your ongoing medicines, and history of allergies, if any, with the healthcare provider.
Q: Can I use Roxid-150 tablet for cough?
A: Roxid-150 tablet is used to treat various infections of the body. However, cough can occur due to various reasons. Hence, it is important to consult a doctor and understand the cause of the cough and then use the suitable medicine prescribed by the doctor. Avoid self-diagnosis and self-medication.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 06 May 2021 | 09:45 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved