Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rosuvas F Tablet is a combination medicine. Rosuvas F tablet is used for the treatment of increased levels of cholesterol. Rosuvas F tablet contains a combination of rosuvastatin and fenofibrate as it
s active ingredient. Rosuvas F tablet works by interfering with the formation of cholesterol or fat in your body. Cholesterol is a wax-like substance produced by your liver that plays an important role in maintaining cell membrane, hormone production, storage of vitamins and functioning of the brain. However, when it is produced in excess can lead to heart-related conditions and stroke. Before initiating the treatment inform your doctor about your complete medical history. The dose and duration of this medicine is will be decided by your doctor after accessing your complete medical history. Individuals with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that you must take this medicine on time and follow the certain lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by your doctor....
Uses of Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
For the treatment of high cholesterol (combined hyperlipidaemia) in patients who have normal kidney and liver function. Combined hyperlipidaemia is a common medical condition of increased blood choles
terol and triglyceride (fats) levels with an increased risk of getting a heart-related condition....
Contraindications of Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin and/or Fenofibrate.
- If you are suffering from severe liver disease, increased liver enzymes.
- If you are suffering from severe kidney diseases.
- If you have repeated or unexplained muscle aches or pains.
- If you take a drug called ciclosporin (used after organ transplants).
- If you have gall bladder disease.
- If you have an inflammation of the pancreas.
Side effects of Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Rosuvas F tablet during pregnancy?
Rosuvas F tablet should not be used during pregnancy. Women of child bearing potential should use appropriate contraceptive measures.
Can I take Rosuvas F tablet while breastfeeding?
Rosuvas F tablet should not be used during breastfeeding as it is not known if components of this medicine pass in breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rosuvas F tablet?
Dizziness may occur during the treatment with Rosuvas F, avoid driving if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with Rosuvas F tablet?
It is not recommended to drink alcohol while you are taking Rosuvas F tablet. Consult your doctor if you drink alcohol regularly or have any existing liver disease.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or are planning to get pregnant.
- You are suffering from kidney or liver disorders or are above 70 years of age.
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus, as this medicine may increase blood sugar levels.
- You are suffering from or have ever suffered from gall bladder stones (cholelithiasis) or any gall bladder disease (as this medicine increases the risk of the formation of gall bladder stones).
- You have or ever had or are experiencing unexplained muscle aches or pains and/or have a family history of muscle disorder.
- You have a thyroid disorder or lung related disorder.
- You consume large amount of alcohol or drink too often.
- It is recommended that you have your liver functioning tests and kidney functioning test done at regular intervals.
Mode of Action of Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Rosuvastatin works by interfering with the process of cholesterol synthesis. Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowers cholesterol levels. It a
lso increases good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels. Fenofibrate works by decreasing the bad cholesterol (LDL or low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides by enhancing the natural lipid breakdown process (lipolysis) and increasing the concentration of good cholesterol (HDL or high-density lipoprotein)....
Directions for Use of Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Rosuvas F tablet as directed by your doctor with meals
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Using Rosuvas F tablet increases the risk of bleeding when used along with blood thinners like warfarin.
- Concomitant use of Rosuvas F tablet along with medicines that reduce the activity of the immune system (ciclosporin) may lead to kidney damage.
- When Rosuvas F tablet is taken along with medicines used to lower cholesterol (statins, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate, etc.) there is an increased chance of the development of muscle disorder.
- Oestrogen containing oral contraceptives may interfere with the working fenofibrate, the active ingredient in the Rosuvas F tablet, hence the use of oral contraceptives should be done with caution along with the Rosuvas F tablet....Read more
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat bacterial infections (fusidic acid) should be avoided as there is an increased risk of the development of muscle disorders.
- When medicines used to neutralise stomach acid (antacids) are taken along with Rosuvas F tablet they tend to decrease the concentration of rosuvastatin (the active ingredient in the Rosuvas F tablet)in the blood which may affect the efficacy of the medicine....Read more
- Antiviral medicines like ritonavir are said to delay the elimination of rosuvastatin from the system, increasing its exposure to the system, concomitant use should be done carefully.
Dosage of Rosuvas F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Rosuvas F tablet make me feel sleepy?
A: No Rosuvas F tablet does not make you sleepy. But every individual may have a varied physiological response to the medicine depending upon his/her medical condition, hence it is recommended that you should consult your doctor before its use.
Q: I am diabetic, can I take Rosuvas F tablet?
A: Rosuvas F tablet should be used with caution in diabetics as this medicine can raise your blood sugar levels. Hence, regular monitoring is essential in patients with diabetes taking Rosuvas F tablet.
Q: Does Rosuvas F tablet increase the risk of gall stones?
A: Fenofibrate, the active ingredient in Rosuvas F tablet is said to increase the risk of gall stone formation. Thus, this medicine must be used with caution with those with a history of gall stones and/or gall bladder disease.
Q: What does Rosuvas F tablet contains?
A: Rosuvas F tablet contains rosuvastatin and fenofibrate as an active ingredient. It is a cholesterol lowering medicine used for the treatment of hyperlipidemia.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 21 Jul 2021 | 02:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved