Roclav Bd Tablets
Roclav Bd Tablets Description
Roclav Bd Tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. It is a combination med
cine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, which belongs to the class of antibiotics. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Roclav Bd Tablets
Contraindications of Roclav Bd Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Roclav Bd Tablet.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
Side effects of Roclav Bd Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of Roclav Bd Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver problems.
- You are above 60 years.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Roclav Bd Tablet.
Mode of Action of Roclav Bd Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Roclav Bd Tablet works by the combined action of its two components.
- Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Roclav Bd Tablets
- Roclav Bd Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Roclav Bd Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Roclav Bd Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, it is advised to monitor the blood tests like PT-INR regularly.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify an immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Roclav Bd Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Roclav Bd Tablets
- Store Roclav Bd Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Roclav Bd Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Roclav Bd Tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: How long does it take for Roclav Bd Tablet to show its effects?
Q: How many times should I take Roclav Bd Tablet in a day?
- Augmentin Tablets USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]