Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet
Risdone Mt 1 MG Description
Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet belongs to a class of medicines called antipsychotics. It is prescribed in the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and behavioural problems in teenagers and autistic ch
ildren. Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet contains risperidone as an active ingredient. It is known to act by decreasing the serotonin and dopamine activity in the body. Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet vary depending on the patient’s condition. However, the usual dose of Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet is once or twice daily with or without food. Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet may cause minor to serious side effects. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet and to get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits.
|You Save||₹4.91 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, drowsiness, constipation, diarrhoea, heartburn, delayed menstruation, painful penis erection|
Uses of Risdone Mt 1 MG
- Treatment of schizophrenia (psychological spectrum disorder with signs of hopelessness, hallucinations, inappropriate emotions and disturbed thinking with poor socialisation skills)
- Treatment of bipolar Disorder (psychological disorder with extreme emotion variation from major depressive to manic episodes)
- Treatment of behavioural problems in teenagers and autistic children (self-injury, aggression and sudden mood change)
Contraindications of Risdone Mt 1 MG
- If you have an allergy or hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of Risdone Mt Tablet
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes
Side effects of Risdone Mt 1 MG
- Stomach pain
- Decreased Sweating
- Increased salivation
- Increased weight
- Delayed or missed menstrual cycle
- Visual impairment
- Decreased sexual abilities
- Increased or irregular pulse
- Breathing difficulty
- Painful penis erection
- Itching and rashes
- Stiffness in the muscles
Precautions and Warnings of Risdone Mt 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience sweating, increased pulse, difficulty in breathing or any discomfort that does not go away, after taking Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet. Immediately consult your doctor or the nearest emergency hospital....
- You are pregnant or you conceive or are planning a pregnancy.
- You become extremely sensitive to too hot or too cold temperatures. Ensure that they drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- You experience symptoms that persist or become worse in time.
- You want to discontinue the medicine.
Mode of Action of Risdone Mt 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Risdone Mt 1 MG
- Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet must be taken as per doctor’s prescription.
- Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet as a whole, and do not chew, crush or break it.
- Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet must be taken at the same time every day for optimal pharmacological effects.
- Do not stop taking Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet without prior consultation with your doctor.
Interactions of Risdone Mt 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Risdone tablet may produce the below-mentioned adverse effects if taken with the following medicines:
- Aceclofenac and aspirin may increase the risk of hypertension.
- Acetaminophen/Paracetamol makes the medicine ineffective.
- Acetazolamide and metoclopramide may increase the risk of adverse effects.
- Opioid analgesics, sleep-inducing medicines, and antianxiety medicines may cause coma and excessive sleepiness when taken with Risdone Tablets.
- Muscle relaxants, when taken with Risdone Tablets, may increase the risk of adverse effects.
Interactions with food items
- Consumption of alcohol should be avoided with Risdone Mt Tablet.
- Caffeine-containing drinks like coffee, tea and cola should be avoided as they may interfere with the action of Risdone Mt Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Risdone Mt 1 MG
Dosage of Risdone Mt 1 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet can be fatal and include increased heartbeat, drowsiness, blurred vision and seizures. If you overdose on Risdone Mt 1mg Tablet, reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)