By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Relent tablet is a combination medicine used to treat a cough with mucous. It also provides relieves from allergic symptoms like itching, sneezing, a runny or stuffy nose, cough, congestion, watery ey
es, etc. It contains Ambroxol and Cetirizine as its active ingredients. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of the natural chemical substance Histamine responsible for the allergic condition, also it works by loosening the mucus, thus eases breathing. It is not recommended to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and also children below 6 years without a doctor's consultation. Relent tablets may cause dizziness so be careful while driving or using heavy machines. Also, avoid smoking and avoid exposure to dust and pollution. You should take this medicine regularly as per your physician's instructions....
Uses of Relent Tablet
Relent tablet provides symptomatic relief in coughing with mucous associated with allergic rhinitis.
Contraindications of Relent Tablet
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, cetirizine or any of the ingredients of Relent tablet.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from a lung infection (like breathing difficulty, thick or blood-stained mucous, etc).
- If you have low immunity.
- If you are already suffering from asthma or COPD (chronic obstructive lung disorder).
- If you are suffering from severe gastric or ulcer problem.
Side effects of Relent Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Relent Tablet
Can I take Relent tablet during pregnancy?
Relent tablet may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby. Thus, it is not recommended during pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Relent tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Relent tablet pass into the breastmilk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Relent tablet?
Relent tablet may cause visual disturbances, inability to recognize objects properly dizziness and drowsiness. Therefore, you should avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or any activity that needs alertness or clear vision if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Relent tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Relent tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine. It may also impair mental alertness and make you feel dizzy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney problem. The doctor will decide the dose accordingly.
- You have a history of fits.
- You are due to have allergy testing, as this medicine can affect the reports.
- You are pregnant or planning to have a baby and also breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Relent Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cetirizine inhibits the allergic symptoms produced by histamines (a certain chemical substance that is released by the body).
- Ambroxol acts as a mucolytic agent. It works by loosening/thinning up the mucous in the respiratory passages and makes the mucous less sticky. Thus, it helps in removing the cough out.
- The combined action of these ingredients helps in relieving cough and congestion.
Directions for Use of Relent Tablet
- Relent tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Relent Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Relent tablet or Relent tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking forany disorders....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for erectile dysfunction, heart diseases, muscle pain, brain-related disorder, arthritis, medicines for reducing stomach acid, anti-coagulants and certain supplements containing iron, calcium, etc....Read more
Storage and disposal of Relent Tablet
- Store Relent tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard properly the unused, expired medicine. Do not dispose of the medicine in household waste.
Dosage of Relent Tablet
If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Relent tablet helpful during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking Relent tablet as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can I stop taking Relent tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should take this medicine for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. Stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: What is mucous?
A: Mucous is the response of the respiratory tract to irritation, similar to how there is nasal discharge when something irritates the nose. It consists of mucous secretions as a result of the inflammatory process in the respiratory tract.
Q: Can Relent tablet cause addiction?
A: Relent tablet does not contain any substances reported to become habit-forming. However, it is advised that this syrup should not be used more than the prescribed time. It also should not be used in any cough without consultation from a registered medical practitioner.
Q: Is Relent tablet good for dry cough?
A: No, Relent tablet should not be used to treat dry cough. It is used to treat cough with mucous and allergic symptoms.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5 mg/5 ml Oral Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- Cetirizine 10mg tablet [Internet]. Drreddys.com. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- Ambroxol Tablets [Internet]. Hsa.gov.sg. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 02 Aug 2021 | 01:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved