Racedot Sach 10gm
Racedot 10 MG Description
Racedot Oral Powder is used for the treatment of acute diarrhoea (sudden diarrhoea which lasts for less than 2 weeks). It contains racecadotril as an active ingredient. It works by reducing the secre
tions of the gastrointestinal tract and thereby stops diarrhoea. This medicine is not meant to be used for diarrhoea associated with antibiotic use or any other conditions. This medicine should not be used for more than 7 days. If diarrhoea persists for more than 7 days, consult your doctor. Avoid taking if you have diarrhoea with blood or bacterial infection, causing diarrhoea. Inform the doctor about the other medicines you are taking before starting with the medicine. You should avoid excess spices, oils and sugars in the food, while on this medicine. Drink plenty of fluids and water to stay hydrated.
|Side effects||Headache, rashes, itching, dizziness|
Uses of Racedot 10 MG
Contraindications of Racedot 10 MG
Side effects of Racedot 10 MG
- Feeling sick
Precautions and Warnings of Racedot 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience persistent diarrhoea due to the use of antibiotics.
- You find bloodstains in stool and fever, immediately contact your doctor.
- You are suffering from kidney or liver disease.
- You are suffering from prolonged or uncontrolled vomiting.
- You experience skin reactions, the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Racedot 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Racedot 10 MG
- Take Racedot Oral Powder as a whole with a sufficient amount of water preferably before the main meal.
- You should take this medicine for the dose and duration it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine for more than 7 days.
Interactions of Racedot 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Racedot Oral Powder and antihypertensive medicines like captopril, enalapril, lisinopril should be avoided as they can interfere with the activity of each other.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, supplement or herbal preparation you are taking before starting the treatment with the Racedot.
Storage and disposal of Racedot 10 MG
- Store this medicine at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight of children and pets.
- Try to keep it in original packaging to protect it from moisture.
Dosage of Racedot 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)