Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules Description
Rabonik DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine, containing a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone. It is used for the treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) not responding to Rabep
razole alone. GERD is a condition that leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity. This medicine decreases the acid reflux and increases the motility of the food pipe, thus prevents the backflow of the stomach content. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in exact dose and duration as prescribed. You should take this medicine on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before a meal. An active and healthy lifestyle is the key to control and manage acid reflux or related symptoms.
- Rabesec Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 161.05₹ 136.89₹ 13.69/Capsule
- Happi D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Zydus Healthcare Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 345.75₹ 293.89₹ 19.59/Capsule
- Rabeloc Rd Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 187.00₹ 158.95₹ 15.90/Capsule
- Rebozen Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 63.001.25% CHEAPER₹ 6.3/Capsule
- Rablet D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 301.95₹ 256.66₹ 17.11/Capsule
- Razo D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 361.00₹ 306.85₹ 20.46/Capsule
- Wokride D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 272.75₹ 231.84₹ 15.46/Capsule
- Odirab D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Zydus Healthcare Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 162.40₹ 138.04₹ 9.20/Capsule
- Drego D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 119.40₹ 101.49₹ 10.15/Capsule
- Veloz D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 205.05₹ 174.29₹ 17.43/Capsule
Uses of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Contraindications of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredients of the Rabonik DSR capsule.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, an electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Rabonik DSR capsule should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- This medicine passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and might affect your baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, after assessing the benefits over risks your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have any mental health problems.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV (atazanavir) or are taking ketoconazole or itraconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus).
- You should not give this medicine to children of 12 years and below.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
Mode of Action of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rabonik DSR capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Rilpivirine should never be used with this medicine.
- Never take these medicines along with it: Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, etc....
- Rabonik DSR capsule interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Rabonik DSR capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Rabonik DSR capsules below 25°C, protected from moisture and light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Symptoms of an overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of the Rabonik DSR capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of the Rabonik DSR capsule, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from a liver problem. Is Rabonik DSR capsule safe for me?
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Rabonik DSR capsule for a few months now, what should I look out for?
- Take Rabonik DSR capsule only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, when your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: Can I take the Rabonik DSR capsule for gas?
- RABICIP D Capsules (Rabeprazole sodium + Domperidone) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]