Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
By CIPLA GX
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabesec LS capsule is a combination of rabeprazole and levosulpiride, an-anti reflux medicine. Rabesec Ls is used to treat Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) also known as acid reflux condition wh
ere the stomach acid moves back up to the food pipe along with contents of the stomach characterized by heartburn, chest pain, burning, pain and regurgitation of food or sour liquid due to irritation of the stomach. This medicine lowers the acid secretion in the stomach and prevents the outflow of contents of the stomach to the food pipe. Rabesec LS capsule should be taken at least 30min before meals for the best result. Avoid spicy and oily food, which triggers acidity....
Uses of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
For the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc.
Contraindications of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, levosulpiride or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from fits or have a history of fits.
- If you have a mental disorder and you have difficulty in walking, balance and coordination.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Rabesec LS capsule during pregnancy?
The components of Rabesec LS capsule might harm your unborn baby, thus should not be used during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Rabesec LS capsule while breastfeeding?
Rabesec LS capsule should not be used during breastfeeding as it may cause harm to the new born baby. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rabesec LS capsule?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness or reduced alertness after taking this medicine. Thus, you should avoid driving and operating machines in the presence of any of the symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Rabesec LS capsule?
Alcohol consumption along with this medicine can cause confusion, lack of focus, anxiety and drowsiness. It is advised to avoid alcohol intake during treatment with Rabesec LS capsule.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions like skin rashes and other skin reaction.
- You have a history of allergic reaction due to similar medicine.
- You develop an infection after taking the Rabesec LS capsule.
- You have a fever, muscle rigidity and irregular heartbeats, movement problems.
- You have a history of brain tumour, fits, heart disease, lumpy breast, etc.
- You have low vitamin B12 levels, blood and liver problems, stomach bleeding, ulcers or tumour in the stomach.You have any heart disease, bleeding disorders or tendency to bleed easily....Read more
- Taking the Rabesec LS capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Rabesec LS capsule should not be given to children & the elderly.
Mode of Action of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Rabeprazole blocks the secretion of acid in the stomach by acting on a pump called the proton pump in the stomach and is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Levosulpiride increases the motility of the stomach and intestine so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Take this medicine as directed by your physician.
- It should be taken before food.
Interactions of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like ketoconazole or itraconazole used to treat fungal infection, atazanavir used in the treatment of HIV may not work properly.
- Medicines used to neutralize gastric acids & to treat ulcer-like sucralfate should be taken with at least 2 hours of gap.
- Your blood pressure may drop if you are taking antihypertensive medicine along with this medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like methotrexate or tacrolimus, then levels of these can increase, causing side effects.
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin. Blood clotting parameters should be monitored closely.
- If you are taking medicine like levodopa to treat a brain disorder called parkinsonism.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm with digoxin, atomoxetine, cisapride, quinine, furosemide, steroids and stool softeners.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place and out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 Capsules
There is limited information available on what symptoms you will have if this medicine is consumed in excess. If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compen
sate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Levosulpiride is an antipsychotic medicine. How can it treat stomach disorders?
A: Levosulpiride is derived from a medicine called sulpiride. Levosulpiride which is the most effective form of sulpiride decreases the activity of a neurotransmitter (a substance that transmits signals in the brain) called dopamine. Apart from the brain, dopamine also acts on the digestive tract. Thus, by inhibiting dopaminergic effects, levosulpiride exerts anti-emetic (prevents vomiting), antipsychotics (used to treat schizophrenia) and increases gastrointestinal motility and allowing food to pass freely through the intestines.
Q: When should I use Rabesec LS capsule?
A: Do not take this medicine without a prescription. Do not stop taking this medicine or self-adjust the dose without the knowledge of your doctor. Inform your doctor if you have any liver problems or stopped taking this medicine for more than 5 days, before re-starting the dose.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Rabesec LS capsule?
A: Levosulpiride can increase prolactin levels in the blood. In females, this may result in painful menstrual periods and discharge of milk from the nipple (galactorrhea). Consult your physician if you notice any such symptoms. Taking this medicine for a prolonged period can cause bone thinning. This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Q: Can the use of the Rabesec LS capsule cause dizziness?
A: Yes, the Rabesec LS capsule can sometimes cause dizziness (feeling faint, weak, unsteady or lightheaded) in some patients. If you feel dizzy or lightheaded, it is better to rest for some time and also avoid driving and lifting any heavy object.
- RABICIP L Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- VELOZ L tablet [Internet]. Torrent Pharmaceuticals. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- PARIET 20mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- LEVAZEO Tablet [Internet]. Torrent Pharmaceuticals. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved