Qutipin Sr 300mg Tablet
Qutipin Sr 300 MG Description
Qutipin Sr 300 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of schizophrenia. It belongs to a group of medications known as antipsychotics. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that results in people experienci
ng reality in a different way. It can cause hallucinations, disorderly thinking, delusions, or a combination of all these symptoms. Patients with schizophrenia require medical attention as it can disrupt a person’s life. The active ingredient present in Qutipin is quetiapine. Qutipin Sr 300 mg Tablet also aids in the treatment of mania and bipolar disorder. The mode of action of Qutipin Sr involves balancing specific chemicals in the brain that influences thoughts. This alleviates the symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It is firmly advised to adhere to the dosage schedule of Qutipin Tabs given by the doctor. Do not discontinue Qutipin Sr abruptly, as that can result in withdrawal symptoms.
|Uses||Treatment of schizophrenia, mania and bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Weight gain, drowsiness, headache, reduced level of haemoglobin, dry mouth, withdrawal symptoms.|
Uses of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
- Qutipin Sr 300 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of mania
- Treatment of bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to Qutipin Sr or other antipsychotics and the inactive substances present in the medication.
Side effects of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
- Decreased level of haemoglobin in the blood
- Weight gain
- Increased level of triglyceride (a type of fat or lipid in the blood)
- Dryness in the mouth
- Decreased level of cholesterol in the blood
- Extrapyramidal effects, including dyskinesia, restlessness, involuntary muscle contractions, etc.
Precautions and Warnings of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts after taking Qutipin Sr Tabs. People with depression should use this medicine with caution. It is essential to report any changes in your feeling to your doctor, so they can alter the dose as needed....
- You have diabetes or a high lipid count. This medicine can increase the glucose level in the blood and also affect the lipid levels of the body. These parameters should be monitored during the course of the treatment, and dosage should be adjusted accordingly. ...
- You experience symptoms like fever and weakness. This medication can affect the number of white blood cells(WBC) in the body. WBC count should be monitored regularly.
- You want to discontinue the medicine. Suddenly discontinuing Qutipin Sr 300 mg may increase the risk of experiencing withdrawal symptoms, more so if the medicine has been used for a long time.
- You experience involuntary movements of the tongue, face, or lips.
- You experience symptoms such as rashes, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing.
Mode of Action of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
- Qutipin Sr 300 mg Tabs must be taken as and when directed by your doctor.
- Take Qutipin Sr at the same time every day to ensure that a constant level of medication is maintained in the blood.
- Swallow Qutipin Sr Tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush, or chew it, as it can reduce its efficacy.
- Qutipin Sr Tabs can be taken with or without food.
- Do not alter the recommended dosage of Qutipin Sr Tab. Talk to your doctor if you feel that your prescribed dosage is not working for you.
- Do not discontinue Qutipin Sr Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with interaction with other medicines, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Qutipin Sr Tablets are known to interact with the following medicines:
- Ketoconazole (antifungal medication used in the treatment of skin infections like athlete’s foot, ringworm, etc.) - decreases metabolism of Qutipin Sr Tablets and can lead to increased side effects of this medicine...
- Tramadol (pain medication similar to opioids that acts on the central nervous system) - leads to side effects like respiratory distress, seizure attack, irregular heart rhythm and coma
- Metformin (medication used to lower blood sugar levels and improve the way your body handles insulin)- reduce the effectiveness of Metformin
- Antihypertensives (medications used in the treatment of high blood pressure) like Metoprolol - additive effects in decreasing your blood pressure. Blood pressure needs to be monitored.
Interactions with food items
- Food does not influence the effect of Qutipin Sr 300 mg Tablet. So, a regular diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by the doctor.
- Additionally, inform the doctor about any supplements or herbal drinks you take before beginning your Qutipin Sr 300mg.
Storage and disposal of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
Dosage of Qutipin Sr 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr Tanya Prasad
BDS, MDS in Orthodontics
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology