Pubergen Nano 500iu Injection 1ml
Pubergen Nano 500 IU Description
Pubergen Nano Injection is used in treating infertility in both men and women. It contains human chorionic gonadotropin as its active ingredient. This medicine will be given to you by a doctor or nur
e. Avoid self-injecting this medicine. Before starting Pubergen Nano Injection, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also, tell your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Pubergen Nano Injection.
Uses of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
- Pubergen Nano Injection is similar to a hormone that helps in the normal development of an egg in an ovary of women and activates the release of an egg during ovulation.
- It helps women in treating infertility (unable to get pregnant).
- It is also used in men to increase sperm count.
- This medicine is also used to help certain boys in normal sexual development.
Contraindications of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
- If you are allergic to human chorionic gonadotropin or any of the other ingredients of Pubergen Nano Injection.
- If you have a tumour of the hypothalamus or pituitary gland (in the brain).
- If you have a cyst in the ovaries.
- If you have vaginal bleeding due to an unknown reason.
- If you have breast, ovaries or womb cancer.
- If you had an extrauterine pregnancy (pregnancy outside of your womb) recently.
- If you have swelling of your veins or blood clotting of your veins.
- If you are unable to get pregnant due to menopause or early menopause or abnormal functions of sexual organs.
Side effects of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
- Injection site pain, redness, swelling
- Headache, fatigue
- Vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Irritation, restlessness
- Breast pain
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (ovaries may have overreacted to the medicine and large cyst may be developed)
- Precocious puberty (a condition wherein a child’s body starts changing into an adult too early), enlarged breast in men
- Allergic reactions
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (a condition in women who take medicines to get pregnant)
- Blood clotting problems
Precautions and Warnings of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have any blood clot problems like swelling of your veins or blood clotting in your veins.
- Before starting Pubergen Nano Injection, you and your partner should get the fertility test done.
- The risk of getting Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) may increase.
- When taking Pubergen Nano Injection, you may be at the risk of being pregnant with more than one child (twins, triplets).
- You should have an early ultrasound done to check for the possibility of (ectopic pregnancy) pregnancy outside the womb.
- The risk of miscarriage may increase when using Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) to get pregnant as compared to normal pregnancy.
- When you get a pregnancy test done using serum or urine while using this medicine or even 10 days after using it, there may be a possibility that you get a false-positive test result.
- Pubergen Nano Injection should not be used in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
How Does It Work?
- Pubergen Nano Injection is similar to a hormone that is naturally found in your body called chorionic gonadotropin, which helps in reproduction and fertility.
- Pubergen Nano Injection binds on the ovary cells to a receptor in the body that is shared with a hormone called luteinising hormone which helps in pregnancy and puberty.
Directions for Use of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject Pubergen Nano Injection.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Pubergen Nano Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- No significant interactions have been reported, but when this medication is used in females together with menotropins to treat infertility, it may cause multiple births (twins, triplets).
Storage and disposal of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
- Store Pubergen Nano Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Pubergen Nano 500 IU
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Pubergen Nano Injection by myself?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Pubergen Nano Injection?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Pubergen Nano Injection may interact with other medicines, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- Pregnyl - chorionic gonadotropin for injection, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Ovitrelle 250 micrograms/0.5 ml prefilled pen - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Ovitrelle 250 micrograms/0.5 ml prefilled pen - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Chorionic Gonadotropin: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]