Psyride 50mg Tablets
Psyride 50 MG Description
Psyride 50 mg Tablet is a prescription medicine indicated for a person diagnosed with schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a disorder wherein a person has hallucinations, delusions and is unable to differ
entiate between reality and imagination. Psyride 50 mg Tablet has amisulpride as the main ingredient. Amisulpride is a type of antipsychotic and acts by regulating the balance of certain chemicals in the brain. It helps in providing clarity and improves the quality of life. Psyride 50 mg Tablet can exhibit certain side effects like nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating, insomnia, anxiety, dry mouth, etc. Psyride 50 mg Tablet should only be taken with a doctor’s recommendation. The dose and duration need to be maintained as per the prescription. Please inform the doctor if you are pregnant or are planning pregnancy for the best advice. Always report complete and detailed medical history to the doctor at the time of consultation to avoid any complications.
|You Save||₹10.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Bloating, Insomnia, Anxiety, Dry mouth|
Uses of Psyride 50 MG
- Psyride 50 mg Tablet is used for,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
Contraindications of Psyride 50 MG
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to amisulpride or the inactive components of Psyride 50 mg Tablet
- If you have been diagnosed with pheochromocytoma (tumour of adrenal gland)
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you are taking medicines such as levodopa or quinidine
Side effects of Psyride 50 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Psyride 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of eye, liver, and kidney disorders.
- You have a history or present condition of any mental illness.
- You notice any changes in the vision.
- You notice an increase in blood glucose or if you are diabetic. Psyride 50 mg Tablet is known to increase the sugar level in people who have diabetes.
- You suffer from epilepsy or have had a seizure.
- You have a history of breast cancer.
- You notice any sort of behaviour change or have suicidal thoughts.
- You notice an allergic reaction like swollen tongue, rashes, etc., after taking the Psyride 50 mg Tablet.
- You are taking any other medicine at present.
- You should inform the doctor if you are taking any vitamins or any sort of supplements along with the Psyride 50 mg Tablet.
- You want to alter the dose of the Psyride 50 mg Tablet. Do not discontinue the medicine on your own, it might worsen the current situation.
- You are pregnant or planning pregnancy, as Psyride Tablets are generally not recommended in this condition.
Mode of Action of Psyride 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Psyride 50 MG
- Psyride 50 mg Tablet should be taken only according to the doctor’s recommendation.
- Psyride 50 mg Tablet is generally prescribed for a longer duration. For optimal pharmacological effects, it should be taken at the same time every day.
- Psyride 50 mg Tablet can be taken with or without the food.
- Swallow Psyride 50 mg Tablet with water. Do not break, chew, or crush it.
- Do not discontinue or alter the dosage of Psyride 50 mg Tablet without consulting the doctor.
Interactions of Psyride 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Psyride 50 mg Tablet can interact with the following medicines-
- Diltiazem (heart and high blood pressure medicine)- it can affect the heart rhythm
- Pimozide (antipsychotic)- it can increase the potency of Psyride
- Clonazepam (anti-epileptic), Cetrizine (anti-epileptic)- it can increase the risk of severity of side effects
- Clindamycin (antibiotic)- it can increase the toxicity
- Desipramine (antidepressant)- it can increase the depressive action on the nervous system
Interactions with food items
- Psyride 50 mg Tablet is not known to interact with any particular food item. A regular diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Psyride 50 MG
Dosage of Psyride 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Suneet Monga
BDS, MDS (Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry) MMCDSR
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)