Proteoz 2mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Proteoz 2 MG Description
It is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma (a cancer of the bone marrow) and mantle-cell lymphoma (a type of cancer affecting the lymph nodes) in adults. It contains bortezomib, as its active in
gredient that belongs to anticancer medicine. It plays an important role in controlling cell function and growth. Proteoz Powder For Injection is given in a healthcare setup under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after a careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
Uses of Proteoz 2 MG
Contraindications of Proteoz 2 MG
- If you are allergic to bortezomib or any other ingredient of Proteoz Powder For Injection.
- If you have lung or heart-related problem.
Side effects of Proteoz 2 MG
- Numbness or tingling sensation on skin
- Pain in hands or feet
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Proteoz 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have less number of white and red blood cells.
- You have any kind of bleeding problems or have a low platelet count.
- You experience symptoms like dizziness, lightheadedness, diarrhoea, nausea or vomiting after receiving this medicine.
- You have a history or currently have hepatitis. You need to be monitored cautiously for signs of active hepatitis B.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You experience numbness or tingling, and pain in your hands.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as epilepsy, high blood pressure, heart problems, seizure, shingles (localized including around the eyes or spread across the body) etc.
- You experience symptoms like muscle cramping, muscle weakness, confusion, shortness of breath etc. It can be a sign of tumor lysis syndrome.
- You experience symptoms like memory loss, trouble thinking, difficulty in walking or vision loss. As it can be a sign of brain infection. You may require follow-up checkups.
- The doctor may ask you for regular blood tests, before and after the treatment.
Mode of Action of Proteoz 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Proteoz 2 MG
- Proteoz Powder For Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Proteoz 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Proteoz Powder For Injection works or Proteoz itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications such as anti-HIV medicine like ritonavir, antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, anti-tuberculosis medicine like rifampicin, anti-epileptic medicine, anti-depressants medicine like St. John’s Wort or oral anti-diabetic medicines etc....
Storage and disposal of Proteoz 2 MG
- Do not store Proteoz Powder For Injection above 25°C.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
- Discard the solution if not clear.