Proluton Depot 500mg Injection 2ml
Proluton 250 MG/ML Description
Proluton Depot Injection contains hydroxyprogesterone as its active ingredient. It is used in reducing the risk of premature birth in a female who previously has delivered a premature baby. Proluton
injection will be given to you under the skin as an injection in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. It is essential to inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, and about all the medicines, and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting treatment with this injection.
|₹57.08 (14% on MRP)
|Pain, swelling, itching at the injection site, fever, headache, dizziness
|DRUGS FOR PREMATURE LABOUR PREVENTION
Uses of Proluton 250 MG/ML
Contraindications of Proluton 250 MG/ML
- If you are allergic to hydroxyprogesterone or any other ingredients of Proluton Depot Injection.
- If you had or have problems with your liver like liver cancer, etc.
- If you have breast cancer or any other hormone cancer.
- If you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- If you have or had a history of blood clot disorders.
- If you have jaundice in pregnancy.
- If you have high blood pressure that is not controlled.
Side effects of Proluton 250 MG/ML
- Skin rash
- Pain, swelling, itching at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Proluton 250 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- You had or have a blood disorder.
- You have problems with your heart or kidney.
- You have diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- You are pregnant and suffer from asthma, fits, migraine, high blood pressure.
- You have had a history of depression.
- You may develop jaundice or high blood pressure.
- You develop any allergic reactions like rash, swelling, itching.
- You are a smoker.
- Proluton Depot Injection should not be used to prevent premature birth in women who are pregnant with more than one baby (like twins, triplets). It should also not be used to stop active premature labour....
Mode of Action of Proluton 250 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Proluton 250 MG/ML
- Proluton Depot Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Proluton 250 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Proluton Depot Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, halothane, nicotine, bupropion, ketamine should be used with caution as they may alter the effects of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Proluton 250 MG/ML
- Store it below 25°C in the original container to protect it from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not freeze.