Primox 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Primox 25 mg Tablet is a medication used in the treatment of depression and bedwetting at night. It is also prescribed for the pain that originates in the nerves. Depression is a mental disorder in which a person loses interest in daily activities and experiences a constant depressed mood. Primox 25 mg Tablet increases the level of a chemical called serotonin in the brain. Primox 25 mg Tablet is also used to manage the pain caused by nerve injury, which may happen in conditions like diabetes, shingles, etc. Primox 25 mg Tablet is to be swallowed as a whole according to the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. There is no harm in consuming this tablet with or without food, but it is preferred if taken at a fixed time daily. The tablet is known to cause drowsiness. Hence, it is advisable to take the main dose at night before going to bed. Do not start or stop taking Primox 25 mg Tablet suddenly without proper medical advice....
|You Save||₹6.41 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, bedwetting, pain caused by nerve damage.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, difficulty in the passage of urine, blurred vision, weight gain, dryness of mouth, weakness in limbs.|
Check more medicines with composition as Nortriptyline(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Primox 25 MG
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of bedwetting
- Treatment of pain due to nerve damage
Contraindications of Primox 25 MG
- If you are hypersensitive to Primox 25 mg tablet or any ingredient of it.
- If you had a recent heart attack.
- If you are scheduled to have surgery in the near future.
- If you are suffering from bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.
- If you are using any other medication for depression.
Side effects of Primox 25 MG
- Blurred Vision
- Decreased urine output
- Weight gain
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Dryness of mouth
- Increased heart rate
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Primox 25 MG
Can I take Primox 25 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
There are limited studies about the effects of Primox 25 mg Tablet on pregnant women and unborn children. It is important to consult your doctor before taking the medication if you are pregnant.
Can I take Primox 25 mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Limited data suggest that Primox 25 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during breastfeeding. The medicine may pass into the breast milk and can harm the baby. It is important to consult your doctor about breastfeeding before starting the medication.
Can I drive if I have taken the Primox 25 mg Tablet?
Primox 25 mg Tablet causes side effects such as dizziness and reduced alertness. Hence, it can affect your ability to drive. It is recommended to avoid driving after taking the medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Primox 25 mg Tablet?
The combination of alcohol and Primox 25 mg Tablet is considered unsafe as it increases the side effects such as dizziness, sweating, and reduces alertness. It is recommended to avoid activities that require high levels of concentration, such as driving and use of any machinery if you are drinking alcohol while taking this medication.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of medication.
- You are breastfeeding.
- Your work requires high levels of alertness, driving or operating heavy machinery.
- You are suffering from any liver or heart disease, report to the doctor before starting the medication.
- You want to discontinue the medicine. If you are using a high dose of Primox 25 mg Tablet for a long duration, do not discontinue the medication suddenly. This may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Mode of Action of Primox 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Primox 25 mg Tablet contains a medicine called nortriptyline. It helps in reducing depression by increasing the levels of a chemical called serotonin in the brain, which helps to elevate the mood, reduce anxiety, and improve sleep patterns. When used for the bedwetting condition, Primox 25 mg Tablet works by blocking the effect of a substance in the body called acetylcholine on the urinary bladder muscles. If you have pain due to a nerve injury, Primox 25 mg Tablet reduces the pain and other associated symptoms by interfering with the pain signals passing through the damaged nerve and the brain....
Directions for Use of Primox 25 MG
- Take a Primox 25 mg Tablet as a whole with a glass of water for as long as the doctor advises.
- Do not take this tablet without a doctor’s prescription.
- Do not stop taking Primox 25 mg Tablet suddenly without any medical advice.
- It can be taken with or without food but is advised to take at a fixed time daily.
Interactions of Primox 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek your doctor’s advice before taking Primox 25 mg Tablet if you are on one of the following medications-
- Glimepiride- It is a medicine used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes where the body is unable to create enough insulin. Regular monitoring of your sugar levels is needed if you are taking glimepiride along with Primox 25 mg. Inform your doctor about your sugar levels and dosage of glimepiride before starting the dose of Primox 25 mg....
- Linezolid- Linezolid is used in the treatment of pneumonia, skin infections, and other bacterial infections. Linezolid and the ingredient of Primox 25 mg, nortriptyline, both are known to increase the levels of a chemical known as serotonin in the body. If you start the dose of Primox 25 mg while taking linezolid, an excess level of serotonin can cause increased heart rate leading to shock. ...
- Ondansetron- It is used in the treatment of gastroenteritis and nausea/vomiting caused due to radiation therapy or surgery. Combining this medication with Primox 25 mg can cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome, including symptoms like seizures, irregular heart rate, etc. ...
- Metoprolol- It is used in the treatment of chest pain and high blood pressure. Interaction of metoprolol with Primox 25 mg can cause symptoms like dizziness, headache, low blood pressure, etc.
Interactions with food items
- Consumption of alcohol while taking Primox 25 mg Tablet can increase the severity of the side effects such as dizziness, blurred vision, and sweating.
Storage and disposal of Primox 25 MG
Primox 25 mg Tablet should not be stored above 30°C. Keep the medicine in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight and humidity. The medicine should not be accessible to children or pets. Dispose of unused/expired tablets as biomedical waste....
Dosage of Primox 25 MG
The symptoms of an overdose of Primox 25mg Tablet include blurred vision, irregular heartbeats, fits, fever, dry mouth, confusion, hallucinations, uncontrolled movements, difficulty in breathing, discolouration of the skin, loss of consciousness, or sometimes a state of coma. If you are facing any of the above conditions, or you have taken Primox 25 mg Tablets in excess, reach out to your doctor as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Primox 25 mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. If it's almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next scheduled one. Avoid doubling the dose to make up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Primox 25 mg Tablet habit-forming or addictive?
A: No. There is no evidence that shows that Primox 25 mg Tablet is addictive.
Q: What information should I give my doctor before taking Primox 25 mg Tablet?
A: You should inform your doctor if you are allergic to Primox 25 mg Tablet or any of its ingredients. You should also let your doctor know if you are suffering from any conditions related to the heart, liver, kidneys, prostate, or thyroid. Inform your doctor if you have any history of seizures, or if you have diabetes or glaucoma. You should also tell your doctor about all the other medicines you are taking. Consult your doctor before taking the medication if you are pregnant or breastfeedin
Q: What is the main ingredient of Primox 25 mg Tablet?
A: The main ingredient of Primox 25 mg Tablet is nortriptyline. When consumed, it increases the levels of certain chemicals in the brain, such as serotonin, which helps to reduce anxiety, improves mood, and reduces depression.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.