Primox 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Primox 25 MG Description
Primox 25 mg Tablet is a medication used in the treatment of depression and bedwetting at night. It is also prescribed for the pain that originates in the nerves. Depression is a mental disorder
in which a person loses interest in daily activities and experiences a constant depressed mood. Primox 25 mg Tablet increases the level of a chemical called serotonin in the brain. Primox 25 mg Tablet is also used to manage the pain caused by nerve injury, which may happen in conditions like diabetes, shingles, etc. Primox 25 mg Tablet is to be swallowed as a whole according to the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. There is no harm in consuming this tablet with or without food, but it is preferred if taken at a fixed time daily. The tablet is known to cause drowsiness. Hence, it is advisable to take the main dose at night before going to bed. Do not start or stop taking Primox 25 mg Tablet suddenly without proper medical advice.
|Uses||Depression, bedwetting, pain caused by nerve damage.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, difficulty in the passage of urine, blurred vision, weight gain, dryness of mouth, weakness in limbs.|
Uses of Primox 25 MG
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of bedwetting
- Treatment of pain due to nerve damage
Contraindications of Primox 25 MG
- If you are hypersensitive to Primox 25 mg tablet or any ingredient of it.
- If you had a recent heart attack.
- If you are scheduled to have surgery in the near future.
- If you are suffering from bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.
- If you are using any other medication for depression.
Side effects of Primox 25 MG
- Blurred Vision
- Decreased urine output
- Weight gain
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Dryness of mouth
- Increased heart rate
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Primox 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of medication.
- You are breastfeeding.
- Your work requires high levels of alertness, driving or operating heavy machinery.
- You are suffering from any liver or heart disease, report to the doctor before starting the medication.
- You want to discontinue the medicine. If you are using a high dose of Primox 25 mg Tablet for a long duration, do not discontinue the medication suddenly. This may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Mode of Action of Primox 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Primox 25 MG
- Take a Primox 25 mg Tablet as a whole with a glass of water for as long as the doctor advises.
- Do not take this tablet without a doctor’s prescription.
- Do not stop taking Primox 25 mg Tablet suddenly without any medical advice.
- It can be taken with or without food but is advised to take at a fixed time daily.
Interactions of Primox 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek your doctor’s advice before taking Primox 25 mg Tablet if you are on one of the following medications-
- Glimepiride- It is a medicine used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes where the body is unable to create enough insulin. Regular monitoring of your sugar levels is needed if you are taking glimepiride along with Primox 25 mg. Inform your doctor about your sugar levels and dosage of glimepiride before starting the dose of Primox 25 mg....
- Linezolid- Linezolid is used in the treatment of pneumonia, skin infections, and other bacterial infections. Linezolid and the ingredient of Primox 25 mg, nortriptyline, both are known to increase the levels of a chemical known as serotonin in the body. If you start the dose of Primox 25 mg while taking linezolid, an excess level of serotonin can cause increased heart rate leading to shock. ...
- Ondansetron- It is used in the treatment of gastroenteritis and nausea/vomiting caused due to radiation therapy or surgery. Combining this medication with Primox 25 mg can cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome, including symptoms like seizures, irregular heart rate, etc. ...
- Metoprolol- It is used in the treatment of chest pain and high blood pressure. Interaction of metoprolol with Primox 25 mg can cause symptoms like dizziness, headache, low blood pressure, etc.
Interactions with food items
- Consumption of alcohol while taking Primox 25 mg Tablet can increase the severity of the side effects such as dizziness, blurred vision, and sweating.