Pregabid 75mg Capsule
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pregabid 75 MG Description
Pregabid Capsule is used to treat nerve-related pain (neuropathic pain) associated with spinal cord injury, trauma or other degenerative disorders. It contains pregabalin as its main ingredient. This
medicine protects the nerve fibres and helps in the rejuvenation of the damaged nerve cells. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Pregabid Capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Side effects||Dizziness, sleepiness, headache|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Check more medicines with composition as Pregabalin(75.0 Mg)
13 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Pregabid 75mg Capsule
- Pregalyv 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 166.98₹ 141.9334% CHEAPER₹ 14.19/Capsule
- Pregnerv 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 93.00₹ 72.5466.28% CHEAPER₹ 7.25/Capsule
- Revlin 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 145.25₹ 123.4642.56% CHEAPER₹ 12.35/Capsule
- Pregabanyl 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.7562.47% CHEAPER₹ 8.08/Capsule
- Pregastar 75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 305.80₹ 259.9319.4% CHEAPER₹ 17.33/Capsule
- Pregeb 75mg CapsuleBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 203.80₹ 173.2319.44% CHEAPER₹ 17.32/Capsule
- Maxgalin 75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Sun Pharma15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 277.50₹ 235.8726.88% CHEAPER₹ 15.72/Capsule
- Sonaxa 75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 225.22₹ 191.4440.65% CHEAPER₹ 12.76/Capsule
- Pregalin 75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 305.50₹ 259.6719.49% CHEAPER₹ 17.31/Capsule
- Neugaba 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Sun Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 187.00₹ 158.9526.09% CHEAPER₹ 15.90/Capsule
Uses of Pregabid 75 MG
- For the treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli....
- For the management of chronic condition characterised by pain and stiffness in the muscle, joints and tendons known as fibromyalgia syndrome.
- As adjunctive therapy for adult patients with partial-onset seizures (characterised by abnormal electrical activity in only one part of the brain).
Contraindications of Pregabid 75 MG
If you are allergic to pregabalin or any other ingredients of the Pregabid Capsule.
Side effects of Pregabid 75 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Pregabid 75 MG
Can I take the Pregabid Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take the Pregabid Capsule while breastfeeding?
Pregabalin passes into the breastmilk, but its effect on the breastfed baby is unknown. Thus, your doctor will decide whether to discontinue the breastfeeding or to discontinue the treatment with the Pregabid Capsule depending upon the benefits of the medicine for a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Pregabid Capsule?
Pregabid Capsule has minor or moderate influence on your ability to drive. It may blur your vision and make you dizzy and sleepy, thus you should be cautious or avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pregabid Capsule?
There is no interaction known between alcohol and this medicine. However, consuming alcohol for long period can lead to damage to your nerves. Consult your doctor if drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction like bumps, itching, swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing after taking the Pregabid Capsule, immediately seek medical help.
- You have a heart problem or you are diabetic or have kidney function problems.
- You are above 60 years of age or have any respiratory disorders.
- Pregabid Capsule can cause dizziness and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness, stomach discomfort, constipation, etc.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have a history of fits.
- Do not stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
- Pregabid Capsule is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pregabid 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Pregabalin in the Pregabid Capsule works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Pregabid 75 MG
Pregabid Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Pregabid 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes the Pregabid Capsule may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how the Pregabid Capsule works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders or calmness of the brain, as it can cause sleepiness or dizziness.
- Medicines like oxycodone used for serious painful conditions if taken along can lead to a loss of memory and the ability to perform normal physical movements.
Storage and disposal of Pregabid 75 MG
- Store the Pregabid Capsule below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pregabid 75 MG
Symptoms of an overdose are similar to common side effects like sleepiness, restlessness, irritation, etc. If you think you have taken too much of the Pregabid Capsule contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. In rare cases of an overdose of this medicine, it can lead to coma....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of the Pregabid Capsule, if you have missed a dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Pregabid Capsule a normal painkiller?
A: No, Pregabid Capsule belongs to class of anti-seizure medicine and a structural derivative of a chemical messenger GABA. It is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage. This kind of pain is not relieved by normal painkillers.
Q: Can I stop taking the Pregabid Capsule on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking the Pregabid Capsule on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. Also, your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.
Q: What is neuropathic pain and how is it different from muscle pain?
- Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications. Muscle pain occurs due to the tearing and stretching of muscles or tendons. It is characterised by symptoms like muscle pain, joint pain, restricted motions, etc....
- Lyrica 100 mg hard capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- LYRICA (pregabalin) Capsules, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Pregabalin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Chopra K, Tiwari V. Alcoholic neuropathy: possible mechanisms and future treatment possibilities. 2021.
- NOVA Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 28 May 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed