Preface H Tablet
By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Preface H Tablet Description
Preface H Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine. It contains ramipril and hydrochlorothiazide as the active ingredient. Preface H is used to treat mild to moderate hypertension in patients treated
priorly with either ramipril or hydrochlorothiazide. This medicine lowers the raised blood pressure. Take Preface H in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or stop taking Preface H Tablet without informing your doctor.
|Contains||Ramipril(2.5 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Low blood pressure, headache, dizziness, decreased sodium level|
Check more medicines with composition as Ramipril(2.5 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)
Uses of Preface H Tablet
To treat hypertension (high blood pressure) in patients who are treated earlier either with ramipril or hydrochlorothiazide at a similar dose.
Contraindications of Preface H Tablet
If you are allergic to ramipril, hydrochlorothiazide or any other ingredient of Preface H Tablet. If you have a history of angioedema (swelling, redness or rash). If you are taking sacubitril/valsartan used to treat heart failure. If you have a kidney problem or you are on dialysis. If you have electrolyte imbalance in the body. If you have a liver disorder. If you have diabetes or kidney dysfunction and you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicine like aliskiren. If you have diabetic neuropathy and are on blood pressure-lowering medicine such as valsartan, telmisartan, etc. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding....
Side effects of Preface H Tablet
- Non-productive cough
- Altered diabetes control
Precautions and Warnings of Preface H Tablet
Can I take Preface H Tablet during pregnancy?
Preface H must be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately. If you are pregnant or think you may be, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Preface H Tablet while breastfeeding?
Preface H must not be consumed during breastfeeding as this medicine may pass into the breast milk. You should not breastfeed while on this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Preface H Tablet?
You should avoid driving if you experience dizziness, drowsiness after taking Preface H Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Preface H Tablet?
Alcohol should not be consumed while on Preface H as it may increase the side effect such as decreasing the blood pressure. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have upper-layer skin cancer.
- You have a history of swelling or angioedema of the neck, face, head, intestine, extremities or any other part of the body.
- You have a visual disorder.
- You have a photosensitive reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney, liver, heart disease or condition.
- You are dehydrated, decreased blood volume.
- You are an elderly person.
- You had a kidney transplant.
- You have electrolyte or blood imbalances.
- Preface H should be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Preface H Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Ramipril lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing blood vessels, thus allowing your blood vessels to relax and widen, making it easier for blood to flow through....
- Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic, also known as a water pill. It works by removing excess water and salt from the body and thus helps to reduce the pressure inside the blood vessels and reduces the load on the heart....
Directions for Use of Preface H Tablet
- Take Preface H Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- It is recommended, that you take this medicine in the morning or as advised by your doctor.
- You should take Preface H regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Preface H Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Preface H Tablet works or Preface H itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking any medicine to treat blood pressure, gout, brain-related disorders, immunomodulatory medicine, antidiabetics, antibiotics, painkiller, blood thinners and steroids.
Storage and disposal of Preface H Tablet
- Store Preface H in a cool dry place at room temperature.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Preface H Tablet
- Overdose of Preface H Tablet may cause increased urine flow, decreased blood pressure and heart rate, electrolyte imbalance, altered heart rhythm, kidney failure, altered consciousness, seizure and coma. ...
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the treatment with Preface H if feel an improvement in symptoms?
A: No, you should never stop any of the medication without consulting your doctor as it may lead to serious complications. Talk to your doctor if you want to stop the treatment. Your doctor can suggest some alternative medicine.
Q: Can I take Preface H Tablet everyday?
A: Based on your underlying condition, your doctor will prescribe it to you for a few days or prolonged duration. Take Preface H daily only as prescribed to you and visit your doctor regularly to get your blood pressure checked.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed