Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pradaxa 150mg Capsule contains Dabigatran as an active ingredient. It is an anticoagulant medicine. It is used to treat and prevent deep vein thrombosis (formation of blood clots in the deep vein of y
our body, usually your legs) and pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the blood vessels of the lungs). It is also used for the prevention of stroke, systemic embolism and reduction of vascular mortality in adult patients with atrial fibrillation. It works by preventing the formation of a blood clot. Do not stop taking this medicine or miss a dose of this medicine without talking to your doctor. Continue to take dabigatran even if you feel well. Make sure to refill your prescription before you run out of medication so that you will not miss a dose....
Uses of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE) and prevention of related death.
- To prevent recurrence of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE).
- To prevent blood clots in the brain (stroke) and other blood vessels in the body if you have a form
- of irregular heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation).
Contraindications of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Known allergy to dabigatran etexilate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. If you have reduced kidney or liver function., bleeding disorder or have a disease that increases the risk of b
leeding. If you are taking medicines to prevent blood clotting (e.g. warfarin, rivaroxaban, apixaban or heparin). If you are taking oral antifungals such as ketoconazole, cyclosporin (used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation), dronedarone (to treat abnormal heartbeat) and antiviral medicines such as glecaprevir and pibrentasvir....
Side effects of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Bleeding or bruising
- Stomach ache
- Feeling sick
- Loose motions
Precautions and Warnings of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Pradaxa 150mg Capsule during pregnancy?
The effects of Pradaxa 150mg Capsule on pregnancy and the growing child are not known. You should not take this medicine during pregnancy unless your doctor advises you that it is safe to do so. Women of childbearing age should avoid becoming pregnant while taking this medicine
Can I take Pradaxa 150mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
You should not breastfeed while taking Pradaxa 150mg Capsule.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pradaxa 150mg Capsule?
This medicine does not alter your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Pradaxa 150mg Capsule?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Pradaxa 150mg Capsule. Discuss with your doctor if you drink too often. Heavy drinking while taking this medicine is dangerous and can increase the anticoagulant action of this medicine and make you more likely to bleed.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any bleeding disorder, bleeding in any part of your gut, ulcers, skin lesions.
- You have had a surgical tissue removal (biopsy) in the past month.
- You had an injury recently and still recovering from that (bone fracture, head injury or any injury requiring surgical treatment).
- You have swelling or inflammation in the food pipe & stomach or stomach acid comes up to the food pipe.
- Your kidneys and liver are not functioning properly.
- Your weight is less than 50 kgs or you are an elderly person (+75 years).
- You need to have an operation. You will be asked to stop taking this medicine for a while to avoid the risk of bleeding, Make sure you take Pradaxa 150mg Capsule before and after the operation exactlyat the times you have been told by your doctor....Read more
- You are going to undergo an operation that involves a catheter or injection into your spinal column.
Mode of Action of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Pradaxa 150mg Capsule works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme involved in the blood clotting and hence increases the clotting time.
Directions for Use of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Take Pradaxa 150mg Capsule as your doctor has told you with a glass of water.
- Do not skip or miss a dose of this medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, supplements or herbals.
- Certain medicines such as oral antifungals such as ketoconazole, cyclosporin (used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation), dronedarone (to treat abnormal heartbeat) and antiviral medicinessuch as glecaprevir and pibrentasvir should not be taken with Pradaxa 150mg Capsule....Read more
- Concomitant use of tacrolimus (used during organ rejection) and Digoxin (used for heart conditions) is not recommended with Pradaxa 150mg Capsule.
- Caution to be exercised in case of concomitant use of certain medicines such as Verapamil (for high blood pressure), Amiodarone & Quinidine (used for heart conditions), Clarithromycin (an antibiotic)and Posaconazole (an antifungal)....Read more
- Concomitant use of medicines such as rifampicin, carbamazepine or phenytoin should be avoided.
- Other anticoagulants & antiplatelet agents if taken along with Pradaxa 150mg Capsule may increase the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Store Pradaxa 150mg Capsule in the original package to protect from moisture. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Pradaxa 110mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Taking too much of this medicine increases the risk of bleeding. In case of an overdose contact your doctor immediately or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Take the forgotten dose as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the usual dosing schedule. You should never miss the dose of this medicine
as it may lead to an increased risk of clot formation...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should I stop taking Pradaxa 150mg Capsule before surgery?
A: Due to an increased risk of bleeding you need to stop taking this medicine temporarily during and shortly after an operation. It is very important to take this medicine before and after the operation exactly at the times you have been told by your doctor.
Q: How should I take Pradaxa 150mg Capsule, with or without food?
A: You can take this medicine with or without food.
Q: Are Pradaxa 150mg Capsule and Eliquis the same?
A: No, Pradaxa 150mg Capsule contains dabigatran as an active ingredient whereas Eliquis contains Apixaban as an active ingredient. Both of these medicines have anticoagulant actions.
Last Updated on: 16 Mar 2021 | 08:36 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved