Practin 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Practin 4 MG Description
Practin 4mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It contains cyproheptadine as its active ingredient that belongs to a class of antihistamine (anti-allergy) medicines. This medicine reduces allergic symptoms by blocking the action of histamine, a natural chemical substance that is known to cause the allergic condition.
It is used to treat types of allergic reactions. It is used to reduce symptoms of seasonal allergies like sneezing (coming and going) and an itchy nose. Ciplactin tablet, App Up tablet and Biopron tablet also contain cyproheptadine.
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the exact prescribed duration. Children below 6 years of age and also patients with severe kidney problems should not take this medicine.
Because this medication may cause dizziness, do not drive or do anything else that requires your full attention. If it persists or causes you concern, see your doctor. It may cause a headache in some people. Before taking it, inform your doctor if you have any liver, kidney, or heart problems. Avoid drinking alcohol because it can cause excessive drowsiness with this medication.
Uses of Practin 4 MG
- Practin 4mg tablet, is used to reduce symptoms of seasonal nose allergies like sneezing (coming and going) and itchy nose.
- It is used to reduce allergy symptoms of the eyes, like teary eyes, conjunctivitis (red eyes), and itching.
- This medicine is used to reduce allergy symptoms like skin rash, itching, and dermatographism (a condition where lightly scratching on the body causes the red line on the skin you scratched).
Contraindications of Practin 4 MG
- If you are allergic to cyproheptadine or other ingredients of Practin 4mg tablet.
- If you have stomach ulcers or a condition where the stomach emptying is blocked.
- If you are unable to urinate (occurs in the male patient due to increasing of the prostate gland).
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (high pressure in the eye).
- If you are using medicines like selegiline, and phenelzine.
- If you have other allergies.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- This medicine must not be given to new-born or premature babies, weak and elderly people.
Side effects of Practin 4 MG
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Practin 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any preexisting medical condition such as heart disease, respiratory problems like asthma, high blood pressure, high levels of thyroid hormones, increased pressure inside the eye (glaucoma) etc....
- You have problems with the kidney, stomach or intestines.
- You have difficulty urinating due to increased prostate gland (which occurs in men).
- You are above 60 years, as elderly patients may be more prone to side effects like dizziness, giddiness and trouble breathing.
- This medicine, when given to children, may cause excitation. You must be careful while giving this medicine to children.
Directions for Use of Practin 4 MG
- Take with a glass of water, with or without food as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole, do not break, cut or chew the medicine.
- Take it regularly and avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Practin 4 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Practin 4 MG
- Practin 4mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used to treat types of allergic reactions.
- Always be sure to take the right dosage as prescribed by a doctor. Taking too much of the drug can cause serious side effects.
- Take the tablet at the same time each day to maintain a consistent level of the drug in your body.
- Practin 4mg tablet can be taken with or without food, but it is recommended to take it with a meal to avoid stomach upset.
- If you experience any unusual symptoms or side effects while taking this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
- Regular exercise can help improve overall health and reduce allergy symptoms.
- Get enough sleep to help your body function at its best and reduce the severity of allergy symptoms.
Dosage of Practin 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Practin 4 MG
How Does It Work?
- Practin 4mg Tablet contains the active ingredient cyproheptadine, which is an antihistamine and antiserotonergic medication. It works by inhibiting the action of histamine and serotonin, two chemical substances involved in allergic reactions and other physiological processes. ...
- Practin relieves allergy symptoms like itching, sneezing, and runny nose by blocking the effects of histamine. It also has sedative properties, which can help with sleep disturbances caused by allergies....
- Furthermore, by inhibiting serotonin action, Practin may have appetite-stimulating effects, making it useful in cases of appetite loss or failure to thrive. It is important to note, however, that Practin should only be used under medical supervision because it can have side effects and interact with other medications....
Interactions of Practin 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Practin 4mg tablet if, taken at the same time. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Especially if you are taking medicines for brain or mood-related disorders (MAO inhibitors) such as selegiline, and phenelzine, they extend and alter the effects of Cyproheptadine hydrochloride.
- This medicine may have effects like decreased rate of breathing, heart rate and giddiness when administered along with CNS depressants like hypnotics (zolpidem, zopiclone), sedatives (Clonazepam, Diazepam), tranquillizers (lorazepam, alprazolam), antianxiety (Citalopram, Sertraline)....
- You must not use the medicine with other anti-allergic medications applied to the skin as they may cause an increase in the side effects.
- You must let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using meclizine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Inform the doctor regarding other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid interaction with Practin 4mg tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while on medication of the Practin 4mg tablet??
- Yes, Practin 4mg tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine.
- If you develop any rash, difficulty in breathing or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Is Practin 4mg tablet addictive?
Q: Will Practin 4mg tablet make me sleepy?
Q: Is there any side effect of Practin 4mg tablet?
Q: For how long I can take Practin 4mg tablet?
Q: Is Practin used for weight gain?
Q: What is the use of Practin tablet?
- Practin tablet is used to reduce symptoms of seasonal nose allergies like sneezing (coming and going), itchy nose.
- It is used to reduce allergy symptoms of the eyes like teary eyes, conjunctivitis (red eyes), itching.
- This medicine is used to reduce allergy symptoms like skin rash, itching, dermatographism (a condition where lightly scratching on the body causes the red line on the skin you scratched).
Q: Is Practin an antibiotic?
Q: When should I take Practin?
Q: What is the composition of Practin tablet?
Q: Are Practin and Dexona the same?
Q: Can Practin be used for cough?
Q: Is Practin safe for lactating mothers?
- CYPROHEPTADINE HYDROCHLORIDE TABLETS [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Cyproheptadine Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]