Pna 100mg Tablet
Pna 100 MG Description
Pna Tablet is an anti-epileptic medicine used by neurologists for the treatment of epilepsy to control a variety of epileptic conditions (tonic-clonic seizures and partial seizures). It contains phen
ytoin as its active ingredient. Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy and sometimes loss of consciousness. It is also used to control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery. This medicine works by reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Before initiating the treatment with this medicine you should discuss with your doctor about your complete medical and medication history.
|You Save||₹2.22 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, allergy|
Uses of Pna 100 MG
- For the treatment of epilepsy (an abnormal brain activity causing different forms of seizures).
- To control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery.
Contraindications of Pna 100 MG
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to similar anti-seizure medicines (if you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor).
Side effects of Pna 100 MG
- Skin rashes
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Pna 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders.
- You have Porphyria (an inherited disease that affects haemoglobin biosynthesis).
- You are diabetic as this medicine can affect sugar metabolism and hormone release.
- You are getting thoughts of killing or harming yourself while taking this medicine, immediately report this to your doctor.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- You develop ulcers in the mouth, throat, nose, genitals and conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes).
Mode of Action of Pna 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pna 100 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Never miss a dose of this medicine as it is likely to cause a seizure.
Interactions of Pna 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Pna works or Pna itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol, blood-thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, contraceptives or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Pna 100 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Pna 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is this medicine used for?
Q: How long does a typical seizure last?
Q: When should I take this medicine?
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
- Phenytoin 100mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Phenytoin: medicine to treat epilepsy and trigeminal neuralgia [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]