Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Pioplus 2mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes patients. It contains metformin, pioglitazone, and glimepiride used to lower blood glucose levels in overweight patients.
|You Save||₹13.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Nausea, Stomach ache, Loss of appetite, Jaundice|
Check more medicines with composition as Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)
8 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glimp Mp 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy German Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 194.80₹ 136.36₹
- Glimser P2 Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 244.45₹ 207.78₹
- Geminor Mp 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 237.00₹ 201.45₹
- Pioz Mf G 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 143.00₹ 121.55₹
- Glimy Mp 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.25₹ 155.76₹
- Triglimiprex 2mg TabletBy Genetica Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 125.00₹ 106.25₹
- Formin Pg 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 259.00₹ 220.15₹
- Ziglim Plus 2mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.00₹ 77.00₹
Uses of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Contraindications of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Allergy to metformin, pioglitazone or glimepiride
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Kidney or Liver disorder
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Bladder cancer
- Blood in urine
Side effects of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Loss of appetite
- Jaundice (yellowing of skin and eyes)
- Blood in urine
Precautions and Warnings of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Pioplus 2mg tablets during pregnancy?
Pioplus 2mg tablets are not recommended for pregnant women.
Can I take Pioplus 2mg tablets while breastfeeding?
Pioplus 2mg tablets are not recommended during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pioplus 2mg tablets?
Pioplus tablets is not known cause any side effects that impairs the ability to drive or operate heavy machinery. However, if you experience any visual or cognitive disturbances, please consult your doctor to discuss the dose recommendations.
Can I consume alcohol with Pioplus 2mg tablets?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended while taking Pioplus 2mg tablets.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have lactic acidosis
- You have liver or kidney disorders
- You have heart problems
- You have haematuria
Mode of Action of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
The three components of Pipoplus tablets act simultaneously to reduce the blood glucose level. First, metformin works on the muscles to increase insulin sensitivity and delays the absorption of glucose in the intestine. Next, the pioglitazone decreases insulin resistance and, along with metformin, acts on the liver to reduce glucose production. Finally, while these two compounds control the glucose, glimepiride, the third component stimulates the ß-cells of the pancreas to release insulin....
Directions for Use of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Please take the Pioplus 2mg tablets as directed by your doctor. The tablet must be swallowed with water along with the food or after the food. It is generally taken with the first main meal of the day....
Interactions of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- NSAIDs may interact with Pioplus 2mg tablets to increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
- Gemfibrozil may increase the plasma concentration of the pioglitazone component.
- Cimetidine may increase the plasma concentration of metformin.
- Rifampicin and fluconazole may affect the metabolism of Pioplus tablets
Intake of food may influence the absorption of the metformin component of the Pioplus, however, it does not have any significant influence on pioglitazone or glimepiride.
Storage and disposal of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Keep in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not throw away the medicine along with the household waste.
- Please follow the safe disposal directions mentioned in the product package or ask your pharmacist.
Dosage of Pioplus 2mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Please go to the emergency department closest to you in case of overdose. As overdose of pioplus 2mg may require haemodialysis. In addition,please take the package insert with you, to provide the doctor with necessary details....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, please take it as soon as you realize. However, skip the missed dose and take the current dose if it is closer to the next dose. Do not take the two doses together.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I continue to take Pioplus 2mg tablets if I am trying to get pregnant?
A: Pioplus 2mg tablets do not have influence on the fertility of men or women. However, please consult your doctor if you are trying to get pregnant.
Q: Will Pioplus 2mg tablet cause weight gain?
A: Yes, you may put on weight while taking Pioplus 2mg tablets due to fat accumulation. Your doctor may ask you to monitor your weight gain to maintain a healthy weight with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
Q: Can Pioplus be administered for children with diabetes?
A: Pioplus 2mg tablets are not recommended for use in children below eight years.
- Competact 15 mg/850 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/12841/smpc
- Competact 15 mg/850 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/12841/pil
- Glimepiride 2 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6048/smpc
- Glimepiride 2 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6048/pil
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.