Phenistin 4mg Tab
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
1000 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Phenistin 4mg Tab is an antiallergic medicine used in common cold and allergy including allergy to pollen or dust. It contains chlorpheniramine, which is an antiallergic group of medicines. It works
by opposing the action of histamine, formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Take as prescribed by a doctor. Phenistin 4mg Tab should not be used in pregnancy, breastfeeding, and children below 6-years of age. Inform the doctor about other medicines you are consuming, especially the medicines for brain diseases or to induce sleep, as concomitant use of the medicines with Phenistin 4mg Tab , causes excessive sleepiness....
Uses of Phenistin 4mg Tab
Phenistin 4mg Tab used to relieve symptoms of common cold, allergy, and hay fever, an allergy caused by pollen or dust. The symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing, itching of eyes, nose or throat,
red eyes, and watering from eyes....
Contraindications of Phenistin 4mg Tab
- If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- If you have glaucoma, a condition where eye pressure is increased.
- If you may have a urinary bladder or prostate problem.
- If you are taking medicines for psychiatric disorders (MAO inhibitors).
- The medicine should not be given to a child less than 6-years of age.
Side effects of Phenistin 4mg Tab
- Dryness of nose, mouth or throat
- Fast heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Phenistin 4mg Tab
Can I take Phenistin 4mg Tab during pregnancy?
Components of Phenistin 4mg Tab are known to be harmful to the unborn baby. Thus, it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with the medicine, then immediately inform the doctor.
Can I take Phenistin 4mg Tab while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Phenistin 4mg Tab in breastfeeding mothers. However, as a component of the medicine is known to be excreted in milk, the medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Phenistin 4mg Tab ?
Phenistin 4mg Tab causes sleepiness. If you are taking the medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Phenistin 4mg Tab ?
Consuming alcohol along with Phenistin 4mg Tab increases sleepiness. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop an allergic reaction after taking Phenistin 4mg Tab
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You have asthma or other breathing problems.
- Your blood pressure is high.
- You have an overactive thyroid.
- You have an allergy to other medicines or food.
- You are taking medicines for sleeplessness.
Mode of Action of Phenistin 4mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Chlorpheniramine in Phenistin 4mg Tab works by opposing the action of histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions.
Directions for Use of Phenistin 4mg Tab
Phenistin 4mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it entirely with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It may be taken with or without food. It will be best i
f you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Phenistin 4mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Phenistin 4mg Tab or Phenistin 4mg Tab itself may affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform the doctor about medicines you are taking, that includes prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for other disorder....Read more
- If you on medications like antipsychotic medicine, antiepileptic medicines such as phenytoin, medicines used to induce calmness etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are moclobemide, Phenelzine, and Tranylcypromine, as they may interfere with the action of Phenistin 4mg Tab when given together.
Storage and disposal of Phenistin 4mg Tab
- Store Phenistin 4mg Tab at room temperature at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Phenistin 4mg Tab
- Symptoms of an overdose of Phenistin 4mg Tab include sleepiness, dry mouth, flushing, fever, confusion, weakness, ringing sensation in ears, blurring of vision, sleeplessness, and rarely seizures.
- If you have taken too much of the medicine, then contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Phenistin 4mg Tab , take it as soon as you remember. Time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the intake of Phenistin 4mg Tab cause sleepiness?
A: Yes, sleepiness is the main side effect of Phenistin 4mg Tab . Thus belongs to a group of medicine called sedating antihistamines.
Q: How does Phenistin 4mg Tab work?
A: Phenistin 4mg Tab works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions.
Q: Can Phenistin 4mg Tab be taken with other cold or allergy medicine such as cetirizine?
A: Taking Phenistin 4mg Tab with other cold or allergy medicine should be avoided, as it may increase sleepiness or may cause other untoward side effects.
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 04:41 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved