Peridon 1mg Tablets
Peridon 1 MG Description
Peridon Tablets treats the symptoms of schizophrenia, manic episodes in patients with bipolar disorders, and short term treatment of continuous aggression in patients with moderate to severe Alzheime
r’s dementia who do not respond to non-pharmacological approaches. Peridon Tablets is also used to treat the symptoms of behaviour issues in children and teenagers with autism. Risperidone is the primary compound of Peridon Tablets. Peridon Tablets falls under the category of medicines called atypical antipsychotics. It restores the balance of certain natural substances in your brain. Peridon Tablets side effects include nausea, weight gain, fatigue, lightheadedness or drooling. It takes some time to show its effect. It may take many days or months for Peridon Tablets to control your symptoms.
|You Save||₹3.11 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, fatigue|
Uses of Peridon 1 MG
- Mania in patients of bipolar disorder
- Behaviour issues in autistic children and teenagers.
Contraindications of Peridon 1 MG
- If you are allergic to risperidone or paliperidone.
- If you suffer from liver or kidney disease.
- If you suffer from seizures.
- If you have difficulties swallowing food.
- If you have Parkinson’s disease.
- If you have dementia or dementia-related psychosis.
- If you or anyone in your family has diabetes or cardiac issues.
- If your cholesterol or triglyceride levels are on the higher side.
- If you face breathing problems while sleeping (sleep apnea).
Side effects of Peridon 1 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Peridon 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are on other medicines, herbal supplements, nutritional products and vitamins.
- You have had any substance abuse issues in the past.
- You are scheduled for any surgery and about your past ailments and surgeries.
- You are going for any type of therapy or alternative healing practices.
- Talk to your doctor before starting or stopping any medicine while on Peridon Tablets.
Mode of Action of Peridon 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Peridon 1 MG
- Take Peridon Tablets exactly in the dose recommended by the doctor.
- Your doctor will start with a low dose of Peridon Tablets and increase it slowly till you reach the correct dose.
- While stopping Peridon Tablets, your doctor will reduce your dose slowly to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
- If you stop Peridon Tablets suddenly, you can get withdrawal symptoms like sweating, sleep problems, and being sick.
Interactions of Peridon 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Peridon Tablets with Parkinson’s medicines like levodopa may decrease the potency of levodopa.
- Combining Peridon Tablets with diuretics like furosemide can raise the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious.
- Consuming Peridon Tablets with painkillers like morphine or tramadol can cause serious side effects like respiratory problems, coma and even death.
- When Peridon Tablets is taken with Antihistamine like chlorpheniramine, it can aggravate side effects like drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, irregular heartbeat and abdominal cramping....
- Taking Peridon Tablets with epilepsy medicines like carbamazepine may make Peridon Tablets less effective.
- Using Peridon Tablets with antianxiety medicines like alprazolam and lorazepam intensifies side effects like giddiness, confusion, concentration difficulties and drowsiness.
- Taking Central nervous system stimulants like methylphenidate with Peridon Tablets may aggravate the side effects of Peridon Tablets like tremors, shuffling of feet, tongue stiffness, drooling and uncontrollable movements....
Interactions with food items
- Peridon Tablets interaction with food is uneventful. You can take Peridon Tablets before or after food as the doctor directs; you can consume a normal diet.
Storage and disposal of Peridon 1 MG
Dosage of Peridon 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Peridon Tablets have any impact on my fertility?
Q: Will Peridon Tablets affect my body weight?
Q: Is it safe to take Peridon Tablets for a long time?
- Risperidone 1mg Film-coated Tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 15].
- Risperidone oral: Uses, side effects, interactions, pictures, warnings & dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. [cited 2022 Mar 15].
- Risperidone: Tardive dyskinesia: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Mar 15];1473(1):34–34
- MedlinePlus - health information from the National Library of Medicine [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 15].
- DailyMed - RISPERIDONE tablet, film coated [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar
- Nami.org. [cited 2022 Mar 15].
- McIntosh J. Serotonin: Function, uses, SSRIs, and sources [Internet]. Medicalnewstoday.com. 2020 [cited 2022 Mar 15].