Pentas 2l Iu Tablets
Price to be Updated
Pentas 200 MG Description
Pentas Tablet is an antibiotic and is used in treating different types of bacterial infections of the skin, ear, nose, throat, chest, bone, private parts, etc. It contains benzylpenicillin (also call
ed Penicillin G) as its active ingredient. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking the Pentas, as it may result in treatment failure and reoccurrence of the infection, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. You may experience diarrhoea as the most common side effect after taking this medicine. However, not everyone experiences this side effect. Reach out to your doctor if diarrhoea persists or worsens. Before using Pentas, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Pentas 200 MG
Contraindications of Pentas 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Benzylpenicillin or any other ingredients of Pentas Tablet.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to other Penicillins or Cephalosporins.
Side effects of Pentas 200 MG
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Pentas 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from any heart disease.
- You experience any severe allergic reaction or side effects after taking Pentas Tablet.
- You have diabetes.
- You are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Pentas 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pentas 200 MG
- Pentas Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting the doctor.
Interactions of Pentas 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Pentas Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss it with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- The use of oral contraceptives along this medicine may alter its effects and may result in an unwanted pregnancy.
- Other medicines like probenecid, methotrexate, allopurinol, neomycin, warfarin should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Pentas 200 MG
- Store Pentas Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Pentas 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pentas Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Pentas Tablet on my own?
Q: Does Pentas Tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: Is Pentas habit-forming?
Q: Does the Pentas Tablet treat urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: What are the side effect of Pentas?
Q: What is the dosage of Pentas?
Q: When should I take Pentas?
Q: What is the composition of Pentas?
Q: Can I take Pentas for rheumatic fever?
- Benzylpenicillin sodium 600mg Powder for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 September 2022]
- Benzylpenicillin sodium 600mg Powder for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 September 2022]
- PFIZERPEN Injection [Internet]. Cdn.pfizer.com. 2022 [cited 13 September 2022]