Pensone 40mg Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pensone 40 MG Description
Pensone Tablet is a steroid containing prednisolone. It is used for the treatment of various health conditions including allergies, inflammation and rheumatic disorders affecting various organs such as bones, joints, skin, kidneys, lungs, etc. It is also used for the treatment of certain infections (with appropriate chemotherapy), prevent organ rejection during transplant and for certain type of cancer. This medicine works by modifying your immune response, reducing allergy and inflammation....
|You Save||₹10.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Allergies, infalmmation, infection, cancer, organ transplant|
|Side effects||Irritation, weight gain, infections, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Prednisolone(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Pensone 40 MG
- For the treatment of allergies, inflammation and rheumatic disorders associated with various organs.
- For the treatment of a certain type of cancer and infections (with appropriate chemotherapy)
- To prevent organ rejection during organ transplant procedures.
Contraindications of Pensone 40 MG
- If you are allergic to prednisolone or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any serious infection and you are not taking any anti-infective treatment for that.
- You should not take a certain vaccine (live vaccine), especially if you are immunocompromised.
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eye (herpes infection).
Side effects of Pensone 40 MG
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
- Impaired wound healing
- Growth retardation
Precautions and Warnings of Pensone 40 MG
Can I take Pensone Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. A long term use may be associated with low birth weight and growth retardation in the baby. Consult your doctor for more information. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine seek immediate medical help.
Can I take Pensone Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts which are unlikely to affect the breastfed infant. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pensone Tablet?
There is limited information available on the effect of this medicine on the driving abilities of an individual. However, if you experience dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbance you should not drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pensone Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, one should limit their alcohol intake while taking steroids especially if the steroid is prescribed for long-term treatment. Consult your doctor to know more and what works for you best.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be very cautious.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with the doctor. ...
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Pensone 40 MG
How Does It Work?
- Pensone Tablet contains prednisolone which is a man-made steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body naturally that play an important role in maintaining normal physiological function and well being of the human body....
- This medicine mimics the action of naturally produced steroids. It works by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation, autoimmune diseases and during organ transplantation.
Directions for Use of Pensone 40 MG
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Pensone 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Antacids and certain antibiotics such as rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine. ...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious if you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, water pill, medicine for hyperactive thyroid such as carbimazole and thiamazole and medicines for heart failure like digoxin....
- Somatropin, a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Other medicines to treat asthma, like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
- Any other medicine, supplement or herbals, if you are taking or might take, should be discussed with your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Pensone 40 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in original packaging to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pensone 40 MG
An overdose of this medicine may aggravate existing conditions like edema, salt imbalance, infection or ulcer. Seek immediate medical help.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Pensone Tablet?
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can taking Pensone Tablet lead to hair loss?
A: Hair loss is not a commonly known side-effect of Pensone Tablet. As every individual has a different physiological response, your doctor can give you the best advice on this.
- Prednisolone 1mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Prednisolone 1mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- What Are the Health Risks of Mixing Steroids and Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay