Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Pankreoflat tablet is a combination of Pancreatin and Dimethicone. It is used to reduce digestive disturbances like bloating, gas formation, and liver-related issues. Adults can use Pankreoflat, and it is not recommended in pregnant women and lactating mothers. This medicine should be taken before meals. The side effect is an increase in the uric acid level in the blood; it is rare and occurs predominantly when high doses are taken. In case you experience this side effect, or you feel any discomfort after using this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
- For the treatment of indigestion and bloating caused due to reduced enzymes produced by the pancreas.
Contraindications of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pancreatin or Dimethicone or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a severe infection in the pancreas (pancreatitis).
- If you have fructose or glucose-galactose intolerance.
Side effects of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Burning sensation around the mouth and anus
- Skin rashes
- Hyperuricosuria (increased levels of uric acid in the blood)
- hyperuricemia (increased levels of uric acid in the blood)
Precautions and Warnings of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Pankreoflat tablet during pregnancy?
Pankreoflat tablet should not be used during pregnancy as the effect of this medication on the unborn child is not known. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while you are pregnant.
Can I take Pankreoflat tablet while breastfeeding?
Pankreoflat tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as it is not known if the components of this medicine pass into the milk. It is important to consult the doctor before using this medication in lactating mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pankreoflat tablet?
You can drive after consuming Pankreoflat tablet as the components of this medicine do not affect the driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Pankreoflat tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have lactase insufficiency, galactosaemia, or glucose/galactose malabsorption syndrome (inability of the body to absorb glucose or galactose).
Mode of Action of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Pankreoflat tablet is a combination of Pancreatin and Dimethicone.
- Pancreatin is a group of digestive enzymes that are naturally produced by Pancreas. These enzymes support the process of digestion and help in breaking down complex substances into simple substances.
- Dimethicone is a surface-active agent and is used to reduce bloating and gas by decreasing surface tension and allows the gas to be released.
Directions for Use of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Pankreoflat tablet as per your doctor's instructions.
- This medicine should be taken with food.
Interactions of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Pankreoflat tablets may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine with Levothyroxine, a medicine used for low thyroid hormone levels, decreases the effect of Pankreoflat tablet.
Storage and disposal of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Pankreoflat tablet at a temperature not exceeding 15˚C
- Keep away from children and pets
Dosage of Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken more than the prescribed dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between Pankreoflat table and Creon?
A: Pankreoflat tablet contains Pancreatin and Dimethicone, which are used to reduce disturbances related to digestive system like bloating and gas formation. At the same time, Creon is a capsule containing Pancreatin. It serves as replacement therapy for people who have less amount of digestive enzymes. Based on the cause and severity of your condition, your doctor shall prescribe the medicine for you. You should take medicine prescribed by your doctor as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and medical history.
Q: When should Pankreoflat tablet be taken? Before food or after food?
A: Pankreoflat tablets should be taken before food as per the recommendation of the doctor.
Q: Is Pankreoflat safe to use?
A: Yes, Pankreoflat is safe to use. It should be used only as per the doctor's prescription.
Q: For how many days should I take Pankreoflat tablet?
A: Pankreoflat tablet should be taken as per the recommendation of the doctor.
Q: Is Pankreoflat tablet habit forming?
A: No, Pankreoflat tablet is not a habit-forming medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Pankreoflat tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course for the duration prescribed by the doctor even if you feel better.
- EMA.Pancrex V Forte Tablets.SmPC [Accessed on 06-Oct-2020] (online)
- HPRA.Dentinox Infant Colic Drops.SmPC [Accessed on 06-Oct-2020] (online)
- Pankreoflat.SmPC [Accessed on 06-Oct-2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Pancreatin. [Accessed on 06-Oct-2020] (online)
- Pancreatin. Description. [Accessed on 06-Oct-2020] (online)
Other Variants for
Pankreoflat Strip Of 10 Tablets
Last Updated on: 07 Oct 2020 | 05:32 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved