P Kalm 0.5mg Tablets
P Kalm 0.5 MG Description
P Kalm 0.5mg Tablet is a benzodiazepine, which is a type of medication used to relieve anxiety. It relaxes the nerves and modulates brain activity, calming it and providing relief from panic episodes
. Take P Kalm 0.5mg Tablet with or without food. However, it is recommended that you take it at the same time each day to provide a regular dose of medicine in your body. Because this medicine has the potential to create a habit, follow your doctor's instructions to the letter. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember, and even if you feel better, finish the course of treatment. This medicine should not be stopped suddenly. . The most prevalent side effect of P Kalm 0.5 mg is lightheadedness. Do not drive or do anything else that demands mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you. It may also result in weight increase or decrease, depending on the individual. You may avoid weight gain by eating a well-balanced diet, avoiding high-calorie snacks, and exercising regularly. Increasing eating quantities and contacting a dietician can help you lose weight. If you've been taking this prescription for a long time, your blood and liver functions may need to be monitored on a regular basis.
Uses of P Kalm 0.5 MG
- P Kalm 0.5 mg is used in the:
- Treatment of Anxiety
- Treatment of Panic disorder
Contraindications of P Kalm 0.5 MG
- If you have a known allergy to alprazolam or any of the other inactive substances in the formulation, this medicine is not for you.
- Because of the increased risk of the patient's condition worsening, this medicine is not indicated for use in individuals with acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Side effects of P Kalm 0.5 MG
- Common side effects of P Kalm include:
Precautions and Warnings of P Kalm 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have respiratory depression. This medicine should be used with caution in patients, especially at high doses, due to the increased risk of respiratory depression, which may result in coma and death....
- You play sports.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms.
- You have diseases of the Kidneys and Liver. Because of the increased risk of side effects, this medicine should be used with caution in individuals with kidney or liver illness. While using this medication, kidney and liver function tests must be monitored on a regular basis. In some circumstances, depending on the clinical state, appropriate dose modifications or replacement with a suitable alternative may be required....
- You are a substance addict. In individuals who have a history of substance abuse, this treatment should be used with caution. Dependency is highly likely, especially if the planned use is for an extended period of time. Any changes in mood or behaviour, as well as any substance-seeking behaviour, should be closely observed and reported to the doctor as soon as possible....
- You have suicidal ideation. Because of the elevated risk of suicidal tendencies, this medicine should be used with caution. Any changes in the patient's mood or behaviour should be continuously observed. Depending on the clinical situation, appropriate dose modifications or replacement with a suitable alternative may be required....
Mode of Action of P Kalm 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of P Kalm 0.5 MG
- Take a tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor
- You can take this medicine 1 to 2 hours before consuming food
- Do not try to exceed the dosage
- Try to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water without trying to break or chew it
- Do not use the tablet if the package is already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking the tablet, as it can have adverse effects
- Do not take the tablet with other medications without informing your doctor
Interactions of P Kalm 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- CYP3A4 inhibitors
- Because of the increased risk of worsening the patient's condition, this medicine is not indicated for use in patients who are taking CYP3A4 inhibitors such as itraconazole, ketoconazole, and others.
- Avoid using P Kalm 0.5 MG Tablet with cetirizine or levocetirizine if at all feasible. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you are taking these medicines. Dose adjustments or medicine substitutions should be made under the supervision of your doctor....
- If at all possible, avoid taking P Kalm 0.5 MG Tablet with metoclopramide. If you're taking these medications, don't drive or operate heavy machinery. Under the guidance of the doctor, appropriate dose changes or medicine substitution should be undertaken....
- Opioids such as morphine, codeine, tramadol, and hydrocodone, as well as cough medicines containing these pharmaceuticals, should be avoided while taking P Kalm 0.5 MG Tablet or other benzodiazepines. If coadministration is required, dose adjustments must be made....
- Azole antifungal agents
- Azole antifungal medicines such as ketoconazole and itraconazole should be avoided while taking P Kalm 0.5 MG Tablet because of the risk of higher medicine concentrations in the body, which can cause drowsiness and ECG changes. If you are taking any of these medications, consult your doctor before taking P Kalm 0.5 MG Tablet. If coadministration is required, alternative medicines such as lorazepam and oxazepam may be attempted....
- If you take these medications together, you may experience hypotensive symptoms like dizziness and lightheadedness. It's a good idea to check your blood pressure on a frequent basis. Dose adjustments or medicine substitutions should be made under the supervision of your doctor....
- CNS depressants, diltiazem, disulfiram, digoxin, erythromycin, ethanol, fluconazole, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, grapefruit juice, isoniazid, itraconazole, ketoconazole, labetalol, levodopa, loxapine, metoprolol, metronidazole, miconazole, nefazodone, omeprazole Please check your doctor if you are taking any of these medications....
Interactions with food items
- P Kalm 0.5 mg does not interact with food.
Storage and disposal of P Kalm 0.5 MG
Dosage of P Kalm 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is P Kalm 0.5mg Tablet habit-forming (addictive)?
Q: Does P Kalm 0.5mg Tablet make you gain weight?
Q: Is it true that P Kalm 0.5mg Tablet lowers blood pressure?
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). [Accessed 30 Mar. 2022] (online)
- Alprazolam. Kalamazoo, Michigan: Pharmacia & Upjohn Company.[Accessed 30 Mar. 2022] (online)
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2004;80(5 Suppl):S189-S198.[Accessed 30 Mar. 2022] (online)