Ovral G Strip Of 20 Tablets
Ovral G tablet is used to treat hormonal imbalances in females. It contains two types of female sex hormones - norgestrel and Ethinylestradiol. It is an oral contraceptive pill. It works by preventing the release of the ovum or egg and restricting the sperm's movement towards the uterus, and preventing fertilization.
Ovral G should be taken as per your doctor's advice. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not take this medicine. Women with age 35 years or more with regular smoking habits should not consume this pill as there is a risk of heart-related disorders. Take this tablet as advised by your doctor at the prescribed dose and duration. You can take Ovral G tablet with or without food.
|You Save||₹42.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Norgestrel(0.15 Mg) + Ethinylestradiol(0.03 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache, migraine, abdominal pain|
|Therapy||FEMALE HORMONE PILLS|
Uses of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
Contraindications of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to ethinylestradiol, norgestrel or any other ingredients of Ovral G tablet.
- If you are a smoker and over 35 years of age as there is a risk of getting heart-related disorders.
- If you have a history of any blood clot formation or bleeding disorder.
- If you have heart-related disorders such as stroke, heart attack or angina.
- If you have had migraine attacks and pancreas or liver or gallbladder-related problems.
- If you have diabetes, high blood pressure or cholesterol-related disorder.
- If you experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or delayed menses for more than 3 months (amenorrhea).
- If you have or are suspected of having breast, vaginal, or cervical cancer.
- If you have a psychiatric disorder and you feel low very often.
- If you are taking anti-viral medicine for Hepatitis C and taking medicines such as Ombitasvir or Paritaprevir.
Side effects of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- Stomach pain, cramps
- Weight changes
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You have a family history of breast cancer, seizures or other brain disorders.
- You have high blood pressure, diabetes, lipid or cholesterol-related disorder.
- Your liver or gall bladder is not functioning properly.
- You have inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis).
- You have a blood-related disorder that has affected your kidneys(hemolytic uremic syndrome).
- You have an immune-related disorder such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You have experienced pregnancy patches, especially on the face (chloasma).
- You have a disease that first appeared during pregnancy like porphyria (an inherited haemoglobin defect), hearing loss, gestational herpes (vesicular skin rashes during pregnancy) and Sydenham's chorea (rapid, irregular movements of the body)....
- You have a family history or you have experienced allergic reactions causing rashes, breathing difficulty and swelling.
- You are a woman above 35 years of age and smoke.
- Oral contraceptives may alter the results of certain lab tests, inform the lab personnel before performing any test.
Directions for Use of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- Ovral G tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- Store Ovral G tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Quick Tips of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- Ovral G tablet is a female hormonal pill. It is used as an oral contraceptive pill.
- Take Ovral G tablet at the same time every day, preferably with food or after a meal, to reduce the risk of stomach upset.
- If you miss a tablet, take it as soon as you remember and take the next tablet at the regular time. If you miss more than one tablet, consult your healthcare provider.
- Ovral G tablet does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Use a barrier method such as condoms to reduce the risk of STIs.
- Before starting this tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Ovral G tablets should not be used during pregnancy. If you become pregnant while taking this medication, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctor.
- Headache, weight changes, diarrhoea, mood swings, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of blood clots, liver disease, or any other medical conditions before taking Ovral G.
Dosage of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
Interactions of OVRAL G STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Ovral G tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination schedule....
- Concomitant use of Ovral G tablet with anti-epileptics such as Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Anti-HIV medicines such as Nevirapine, Ritonavir, antibiotics such as Penicillin, Griseofulvin, antiemetics such as Metoclopramide and herbal supplements like St.John's Wort may alter the effects of Ovral G tablet....
- Anti-seizure medications like Lamotrigine and immunosuppressants like Cyclosporine should be avoided while on Ovral G.
- Ovral G, if taken along with antiviral medicines, may affect your liver enzymes. Thus, this tablet should be stopped and can be resumed 2 weeks after completing the treatment.
- Other medicines like Rifampicin and Carbamazepine should be used cautiously.