Oricitral Syrup 100ml
Oricitral 1.38 G Description
Oricitral Syrup 100ml contains Disodium hydrogen citrate and is used in treating gout and certain kidney stones. It alkalizes urine by increasing the pH of urine, this increases the solubility of uri
c acid and gets it out of the body through urine. Oricitral Syrup 100ml should be used with caution in patients suffering from any kidney, heart or lung disease or who have high sodium or potassium levels in the body. It should be taken in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. You must have plenty of water when taking Oricitral Syrup 100ml.
|You Save||₹11.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Disodium Hydrogen Citrate(1.38 G)|
|Uses||Urinary tract infection, kidney stones, gout|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, weakness|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RENAL CALCULI|
Uses of Oricitral 1.38 G
- For the treatment of gout (increased levels of uric acid) and kidney stones.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infection and metabolic disorders caused by kidney diseases.
Contraindications of Oricitral 1.38 G
- If you are allergic to citric acid or any other ingredients of Oricitral Syrup 100ml.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have high sodium or potassium levels.
- If you have high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats or heart failure.
- If you have low calcium levels.
- If you have a lung disease.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have Addison's disease (an adrenal gland disorder).
Side effects of Oricitral 1.38 G
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Oricitral 1.38 G
- Oricitral Syrup 100ml is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby before starting this medicine....
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or you are diabetic.
- You are suffering from chronic diarrhoea (such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease).
- Do not alter the dose of Oricitral Syrup 100ml by yourself.
- Take Oricitral Syrup 100ml after food for better absorption and to avoid stomach-related side effects.
Mode of Action of Oricitral 1.38 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oricitral 1.38 G
- Oricitral Syrup 100ml should be taken as per your doctor's advice.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Mix a prescribed dose of Oricitral Syrup 100ml in a glass of water and drink slowly.
Interactions of Oricitral 1.38 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of Oricitral Syrup 100ml.
- Oricitral Syrup 100ml may interact with Aspirin, talk to your doctor before starting with Oricitral Syrup 100ml.
- Other medicines that can interact with Oricitral Syrup 100ml are Lithium, Quinidine and Salicylate.
- Oricitral Syrup 100ml may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Oricitral 1.38 G
- Oricitral Syrup 100ml should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.