Oricitral Syp 100ml
By TTK HEALTHCARE LTD
100ml Oral Liquid in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oricitral Syp 100ml contains Disodium hydrogen citrate and is used in treating gout and certain kidney stones. It alkalizes urine by increasing the pH of urine, this increases the solubility of uric a
cid and gets it out of the body through urine. Oricitral Syp 100ml should be used with caution in patients suffering from any kidney, heart or lung disease or who have high sodium or potassium levels in the body. It should be taken in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. You must have plenty of water when taking Oricitral Syp 100ml....
Uses of Oricitral Syp 100ml
- For the treatment of gout (increased levels of uric acid) and kidney stones.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infection and metabolic disorders caused by kidney diseases.
Contraindications of Oricitral Syp 100ml
- If you are allergic to citric acid or any other ingredients of Oricitral Syp 100ml.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have high sodium or potassium levels.
- If you have high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats or heart failure.
- If you have low calcium levels.
- If you have a lung disease.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have Addison's disease (an adrenal gland disorder).
Side effects of Oricitral Syp 100ml
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Oricitral Syp 100ml
Can I take Oricitral Syp 100ml during pregnancy?
- Oricitral Syp 100ml is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be orare planning for a baby before starting this medicine....Read more
Can I take Oricitral Syp 100ml while breastfeeding?
Oricitral Syp 100ml may cause some adverse effects on the baby. Hence, the use of Oricitral Syp 100ml is not advised during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oricitral Syp 100ml?
Avoid driving if you experience any side effects with Oricitral Syp 100ml. Else, you can drive safely.
Can I consume alcohol with Oricitral Syp 100ml?
As there is an increased risk of dehydration, avoid consuming alcohol while taking Oricitral Syp 100ml.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or you are diabetic.
- You are suffering from chronic diarrhoea (such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease).
- Do not alter the dose of Oricitral Syp 100ml by yourself.
- Take Oricitral Syp 100ml after food for better absorption and to avoid stomach-related side effects.
Mode of Action of Oricitral Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
Disodium hydrogen citrate present in Oricitral Syp 100ml is metabolised to bicarbonates. These bicarbonate ions are excreted in the urine and increase the urinary pH. This increase in pH makes urine l
ess acidic. This increases in urinary pH help get rid of excess uric acid....
Directions for Use of Oricitral Syp 100ml
- Oricitral Syp 100ml should be taken as per your doctor's advice.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Mix a prescribed dose of Oricitral Syp 100ml in a glass of water and drink slowly.
Interactions of Oricitral Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of Oricitral Syp 100ml.
- Oricitral Syp 100ml may interact with Aspirin, talk to your doctor before starting with Oricitral Syp 100ml.
- Other medicines that can interact with Oricitral Syp 100ml are Lithium, Quinidine and Salicylate.
- Oricitral Syp 100ml may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without aprescription) and herbal preparations....Read more
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may recommend that you take Oricitral Syp 100ml after food for better absorption and to avoid stomach discomfort.
Storage and disposal of Oricitral Syp 100ml
- Oricitral Syp 100ml should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Oricitral Syp 100ml
An excess of this medicine may cause difficulty in breathing. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or think you have taken too much of Oricitral Syp 100ml.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Oricitral Syp 100ml, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take a double of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the causes of urinary tract infection?
A: When the urine system defence fails and allows the bacteria to enter the urinary tract through the urethra and multiplies in the urinary bladder to grow into a full-blown infection in the urinary tract, it is called urinary tract infection. Women are more susceptible to develop cystitis due to their short urethra. Sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, mycoplasma, chlamydia and gonorrhoea can cause infection of the urethra called urethritis.
Q: What is the cause of Gout?
A: When the uric acid levels are higher in the blood, they form urate crystals. These urate crystals accumulate in the joints and cause swelling and intense pain. This condition is called Gout.
Q: For how many days should I take Oricitral Syp 100ml?
A: The dose and duration of your treatment will depend upon the severity of your condition and improvement after taking this medicine. Do not stop your own if you feel better; always follow your doctor's instruction.
Q: Why should Oricitral Syp 100ml not be given on an empty stomach?
A: It should not be given to avoid undesirable effects such as an upset stomach. It should not be given on an empty stomach.
Last Updated on: 11 Mar 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved