Optive Eye Drops
Optive 0.5 % Description
Optive eye drops are a lubricant used to provide relief from burning, irritation, and discomfort in the eyes due to dryness or due to exposure to wind or sun. It contains carboxymethylcellulose as the active ingredient. The dryness of the eye is due to various factors like wind, sunlight, continuous use of computers, and staying in air-conditioned setups. Optive eye drops help in re-establishing the moisture of the eyes using natural tears. Before using Optive eye drops, discuss with the doctor if you have other eye conditions. This eye drop should be used externally only. Do not ingest this medicine. Avoid touching the dropper with your hands.
Uses of Optive 0.5 %
Contraindications of Optive 0.5 %
Side effects of Optive 0.5 %
- Eye pain
- Eye redness
- Eye itching
Precautions and Warnings of Optive 0.5 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience irritation, pain, redness in the eye, and changes in vision after using this medicine.
Directions for Use of Optive 0.5 %
- Use Optive eye drops as recommended by the doctor.
- Clean the hands before and after using the medicine.
- Close the eyes for 2-3 minutes and avoid blinking or squeezing after application.
- Avoid touching the eyes with the dropper. The dropper must be kept clean to avoid infections.
- Wipe the extra liquid from the face with a tissue.
- It is advised to remove the contact lens before using the medicine.
- Use the exact number of drops as recommended by your doctor.
- If you have been prescribed any other eye/ear drops or ointments, keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Optive 0.5 %
- Store Optive eye drops below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Optive 0.5 %
- Optive eye drop is an ocular lubricant used to relieve dryness of the eye which irritates and causes a burning sensation in the eyes. This medicine has carboxymethylcellulose as its main component. The tears that are produced are kept in the eyes for a longer period of time by this eye drop, moisturizing the eyes and bringing comfort....
- This medicine should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor. Consult your doctor before using this medicine in children.
- It is meant for eye application and should not be swallowed. Do not use more than the recommended amount of this medicine or do not use it for longer periods of time than directed. Wash your hands before and after using this medicine....
- Blurred vision, discomfort, irritation, or itching in the eyes may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away. If you experience blurred vision after using this medicine then do not drive....
Dosage of Optive 0.5 %
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Optive 0.5 %
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Optive 0.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Optive eye drops is to be used externally on eyes, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Optive eye drop with contact lenses?
Q: Can I use Optive eye drop for the ears?
Q: How to open Optive eye drops?
- Read the instructions provided on the packaging.
- Twist the nozzle and break the seal.
- Tight the nozzle again.
- Shake well before use.
Q: Is Optive eye drops safe for babies?
Q: Uses of Optive eye drop?
Q: Can I use Optive eye drops frequently?
Q: Can Optive eye drops cause cataract?
Q: How many times can I use Optive eye drops?
Q: Optive eye drop vs Refresh tears, which is better?
Q: What is the use of Optive eye drops?
Q: Can I use Optive eye drops for dry eyes?
- ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- EQUATE RESTORE PLUS LUBRICANT eye dropS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]