Ono 8mg Injection
By SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
4ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ono 2 MG Description
Ono Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. Ono works by blocking the action of a natur
al chemical called serotonin which may cause nausea or vomiting. Before taking this Ono Injection you should inform your doctor about any known allergy to similar medicines.
|You Save||₹6.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Nausea and vomiting|
|Side effects||Headache, constipation, sensation of warmth, flusing, redness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ondansetron(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Ono 2 MG
Ono Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Contraindications of Ono 2 MG
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Ono Injection.
- If you are taking apomorphine used in people with advanced Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Ono 2 MG
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Ono 2 MG
Can I take Ono Injection during pregnancy?
Ono Injection must not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy as it may slightly increase the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). Women of childbearing age may be advised to use birth control measures
Can I take Ono Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of Ono Injection passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Thus, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Ono Injection?
It is not expected that Ono Injection will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving
Can I consume alcohol with Ono Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of Ono on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have stomach problems like blockage in your stomach.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, irregular heartbeats or abnormal heart rhythm.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood.
- Children that receive Ondansetron with medicines that are harmful to liver should regularly go for check-up for liver problems.
Mode of Action of Ono 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron present in Ono Injection works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting....
Directions for Use of Ono 2 MG
- Ono Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an Injection. Do not self-inject.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Ono 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ono Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medications like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or diseases.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, atenolol or timolol & halofantrine, antibiotic like erythromycin, antifungal like ketoconazole.
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take this medicine along with Apomorphine, hence both these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work properly when taken together with Ono Injection.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat the mental state like citalopram, sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin should be used cautiously with Ono Injection.
Storage and disposal of Ono 2 MG
- Store Ono Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ono 2 MG
Ono Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in hospital. Thus, chances of overdose are unlikely. If you experience any symptoms immediately after taking this Injection you should inform your doctor or nurse....
Missed a Dose
Your doctor or nurse will monitor you as to when Ono Injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. In case your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ono good for motion sickness?
A: No, Ono Injection is not useful in controlling motion sickness.
Q: What is the use of Ono Injection?
A: Ono Injection is useful in preventing nausea and vomiting that is caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Q: How does Ono work?
A: Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Ono works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting.
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Ondansetron [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed