Onmox Clo Cap
By AGRON INDIA LTD.
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Onmox Clo Cap is an antibiotic medicine that contains a combination of Amoxicillin and Dicloxacillin.
Uses of Onmox Clo Cap
- For the treatment of infection of lungs, throat, urinary tract, ear, tooth, gum, blood and other infections caused by bacteria
Contraindications of Onmox Clo Cap
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin, Dicloxacillin or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have ever experienced a serious allergic reaction after taking medicines like Cephalosporin, Carbapenem or Monobactam
Side effects of Onmox Clo Cap
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rash
- Cloudy urine and tooth discolouration
Precautions and Warnings of Onmox Clo Cap
Can I take Onmox Clo Cap during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine in pregnant women is not clearly known and animal studies have not shown any undesirable effects on the developing fetus. Also, it is usually considered safe.
Can I take Onmox Clo Cap while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk and can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Therefore it is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Onmox Clo Cap?
You may experience dizziness after taking these medicines which eventually affects your ability to drive and use machines. It is advised if you are experiencing any of these side effects, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Onmox Clo Cap?
This medicine is known to have side effects like dizziness and stomach problems. Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine
- You have watery diarrhoea, severe stomach pain and fever, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor
- If you have an existing kidney problem, risk of fits increases
- Use this medicine only if your doctor prescribes it. Otherwise, it may lead to drug resistance
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better
Mode of Action of Onmox Clo Cap
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and thereby kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Onmox Clo Cap
It should be taken as a whole with sufficient water. It should be preferably taken on an empty stomach one or two hours before meals.
Interactions of Onmox Clo Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience skin allergies if you are taking medications like Allopurinol along with this medicine
- Other antibiotics like Chloramphenicol, Azithromycin, Sulphonamides and Doxycycline interferes with the way this medicine works
- This medicine hampers the way oral contraceptive medicines work. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms
- Medicines known as blood thinners like Warfarin may not work when taken along with this combination
- Medicines like Methotrexate, Phenytoin and Probenecid
Storage and disposal of Onmox Clo Cap
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of reach of children
Dosage of Onmox Clo Cap
- An overdose of this medicine may cause serious kidney failure
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and fits in patients with existing kidney failure problems
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never missed a dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the course of antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Can I take this medicine for cold and flu as well?
A: No, you cannot take this medicine for treating cold and flu. It is used for treating bacterial infections only, while cold and flu are caused by viruses. So, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance.
- Ciplamed. NOVACLOX. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Ema. SmPC. Amoxicillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb.Diclocil.[Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Dailymed.Dicloxacillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Amoxicillin/Dicloxacillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved