Omnitan 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omnitan 25 MG Description
Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S contains Losartan, a medicine that lowers increased blood pressure (Angiotensin-II receptor antagonists).
|You Save||₹6.99 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Losartan(25.0 Mg)
17 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Omnitan 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Sarpot 25mg TabletBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.00₹ 32.30₹ 3.23/Tablet
- Alsartan 25mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.00₹ 29.75₹ 2.98/Tablet
- Losium 25mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 73.90₹ 62.81₹ 2.09/Tablet
- Revas 25mg TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.90₹ 42.41₹ 4.24/Tablet
- Lostat 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 34.00₹ 28.90₹ 1.93/Tablet
- Angizaar 25mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 33.15₹ 3.32/Tablet
- Lorsave 25mg Tablet 15'sBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 61.89₹ 52.61₹ 3.51/Tablet
- Losartas 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.50₹ 33.57₹ 3.36/Tablet
- Losakind 25mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.62₹ 22.63₹ 2.26/Tablet
- Giftan 25mg TabletBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 16.50₹ 14.02₹ 1.4/Tablet
Uses of Omnitan 25 MG
- High blood pressure
- Chronic heart failure
- Kidney disease in patients with high blood pressure and diabetes
Contraindications of Omnitan 25 MG
- If you are allergic to Losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease
Side effects of Omnitan 25 MG
- Vertigo or giddiness
- Increased potassium in the blood
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
- Kidney problem
- A sudden drop in blood sugar level
- Increase in blood urea, serum creatinine and serum potassium (in patients with heart failure)
Precautions and Warnings of Omnitan 25 MG
Can I take Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or you are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I take Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S while breastfeeding?
Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advisable to seek a physician’s help to find a safer alternative.
Can I drive if I have consumed Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving any vehicle.
Can I consume alcohol with Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S?
Caution is advised as alcohol makes blood pressure drop and can increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue)
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics
- You have liver problem
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease
- Caution is required if you are a diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril
Mode of Action of Omnitan 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II released in your body causes the blood vessels to narrow, which leads to an increase in blood pressure. Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S prevents the binding of Angiotensin-II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Omnitan 25 MG
Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S should be swallowed with water or as directed by the physician. The dose of this medicine should be taken at the same time every day.
Interactions of Omnitan 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid taking potassium supplements as this medicine is known to increase potassium levels
- Medicines which are known to increase potassium levels like Diuretics (Amiloride, Triamterene, Spironolactone)
- Medicines which increase the serum potassium like Heparin, Trimethoprim-containing medicines
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines used to treat specific cancer like Amifostine
- Medicine used to treat muscle spasm like Baclofen
- Medicines used to treat pain and swelling like Indomethacin can decrease the effect of this medicine
- Medicines used to treat blood pressure like ACE-inhibitor or Aliskiren can cause severe fall in blood pressure
Interactions with food items
Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S can be taken with or without food; it is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods.
Storage and disposal of Omnitan 25 MG
- Do not store above 25°C
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Omnitan 25 MG
- Overdose symptoms can include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Omnitan 25mg Tab 10`S?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take antidiabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance....
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking this medicine?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans)
- Low-salt diet preferred
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with high potassium content
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed