Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
By ORCHID CHEMICALS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olsavas M 25mg Tablet Description
Olsavas M Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing metoprolol and olmesartan. As it controls your blood pressure within normal limits, it also reduces the risk of blood complications like a heart attack and stroke in future. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Olsavas M Tablet....
|You Save||₹11.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Metoprolol(25.0 Mg),Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Low blood pressure, nausea, vomting, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(25.0 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
Olsavas M Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure
Contraindications of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to olmesartan, metoprolol or any other ingredients of Olsavas M Tablet
- If you suffer from heart problems like heart block, heart failure, shock, sick sinus syndrome, slow heartbeats, low blood pressure.
- If you have any kidney disease or diabetes and are being treated with a medicine containing aliskiren (for low blood pressure)
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you are pregnant (more than 3-months)
Side effects of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
- Flu-like symptoms
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
Can I take Olsavas M Tablet during pregnancy?
Olsavas M Tablet should not be used during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before starting this medicine, if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby
Can I take Olsavas M Tablet while breastfeeding?
Component of Olsavas M Tablet, thus consult your doctor before taking this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olsavas M Tablet?
You should avoid driving if you feel dizzy after taking Olsavas M Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Olsavas M Tablet?
You must not consume alcohol with Olsavas M Tablet as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your liver, kidneys, lungs
- You have diabetes or thyroid problems
- You are suffering from a condition – Pheochromocytoma
- You are going to undergo any major surgery
- You have a history of allergic reactions.
- You have severe diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
Mode of Action of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Olsavas M Tablet works by the combined action of both the components - olmesartan & metoprolol
- Olmesartan works by blocking a substance (angiotensin) in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
- Metoprolol works by blocking certain chemicals in the body that affect the heart and blood vessels, thus reducing the blood pressure, heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body....
Directions for Use of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
- Olsavas M Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Never change the dose or stop this medicine on your own
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Olsavas M Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines to treat your blood pressure problems, heart problems, etc.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Storage and disposal of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
- Olsavas M Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture & heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Olsavas M 25mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, slow heartbeats, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness. In case of an overdose with Olsavas M Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications.
- If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olsavas M Tablet used for?
A: Olsavas M Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure
Q: What does Olsavas M Tablet contain?
A: Olsavas M Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing olmesartan medoxomil & metoprolol as its active ingredient.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- METOCARD XL 50 [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay