Olmephage 40mg Tablet
By UNIFAB PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olmephage Tablet contains olmesartan medoxomil, an anti-hypertensive. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take it in the dose and duration as prescribed. It may be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Avoid taking Olmephage if you are allergic to it, are over 3-months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines that you take....
|You Save||₹25.20 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Olmephage 40mg Tablet
Uses of Olmephage 40 MG
Olmephage Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Olmephage 40 MG
- If you are allergic to Olmesartan medoxomil or any other ingredients of Olmephage Tablet
- If you are pregnant for over 3-months
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you have diabetes
- If you have problems with your gallbladder
- If you have any kidney disease
- If you are using any medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Olmephage 40 MG
- Stomach pain
- Body pain, chest pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Blood in the urine
Precautions and Warnings of Olmephage 40 MG
Can I take Olmephage Tablet during pregnancy?
Olmephage may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby and it should be avoided. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Olmephage Tablet while breastfeeding?
Olmephage is not recommended during breastfeeding, as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before using any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olmephage Tablet?
Olmephage may make you dizzy. You need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Olmephage Tablet?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Olmephage Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
- Olmephage Tablet is not recommended for children below the age of 6 years
Mode of Action of Olmephage 40 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Directions for Use of Olmephage 40 MG
Take this tablet as directed by the physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water or milk. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed that dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Olmephage 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Before starting Olmephage Tablet, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements.
- This medicine, when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril, may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Olmephage.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Interactions with food items
Olmephage Tablet can be taken either before or after your meals.
Storage and disposal of Olmephage 40 MG
Olmephage Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Olmephage 40 MG
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptom or feel that you have taken too much of Olmephage Tablet....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olmephage used for?
A: Olmephage Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight
- Avoid smoking or drinking
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits
Q: What does Olmephage Tablet contain?
A: Olmephage Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Olmesartan medoxomil as its active ingredient.
Q: Should Olmephage Tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Olmephage Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: How does Olmephage work?
A: Olmephage works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Q: Is Olmephage a blood thinner?
A: No, it is not a blood thinner. Olmephage works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Q: What are the side effects of Olmephage?
A: Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhoea are a few side effects of Olmephage. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.
- Olmesartan Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.