Ofspin Oz Tablets
Ofspin Oz Tablets Description
Ofspin Oz Tablets is an antibiotic containing a combination of two medicines - Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. It is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to mixed infections in adults. If you are allergic t
o this medicine, then avoid taking it. This medicine should be used as prescribed, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
|₹10.85 (14% on MRP)
|Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Uses of Ofspin Oz Tablets
Contraindications of Ofspin Oz Tablets
Side effects of Ofspin Oz Tablets
- Urge to scratch
- Urge to scratch in the genital part of women
- Inflammation in the vagina (discharge, itching, pain)
- Bad taste
- Blood disorders
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Abnormal urine reports (like excess of glucose, protein, alkaline urine, blood in urine, presence of white blood cells, etc)
Precautions and Warnings of Ofspin Oz Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of liver problem.
- You experience diarrhoea.
- You experience joint pain or muscle pain.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You are suffering from any heart condition, like Torsades de pointes.
- You experience clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea (CDAD).
- You experience sensitivity to light on exposure to natural or artificial sunlight.
- You experience adverse reactions like inflammation of tendon or tendon Rupture (a tendon separates in whole or in part from tissue to which it is attached).
- You are suffering from Peripheral neuropathy (when the message-carrying capacity of nerve, to and from the brain and spinal cord from and to the rest of the body are damaged) like burning, tingling, numbness, pain, etc....
- You experience some effects on the central nervous system (CNS) like nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.
- You may feel adverse reactions like fever, rashes, jaundice, allergic pneumonitis, difficulty in swallowing, swelling on face, lips, tongue, throat, fast heartbeat or any other allergic reactions.
Mode of Action of Ofspin Oz Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ofspin Oz Tablets works by the combined action of Ofloxacin & Ornidazole.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the enzyme synthesis responsible for bacterial DNA replication. Hence, it shows the bactericidal effect.
- Ornidazole destructs the DNA helical structure, which interrupts the protein synthesis and ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Ofspin Oz Tablets
Interactions of Ofspin Oz Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the it works or the Ofspin Oz Tablets itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with this medicine.
- Certain painkillers if taken along with this medicine can lead to seizures, fits and stimulation of brain activity.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or airway disease (COPD) like theophylline if taken along can lead to increased risk of getting side effects.
- Concomitant use of the Ofspin Oz Tablets with blood thinners such as warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding, should be used cautiously.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Ofspin Oz Tablets works or the Ofspin Oz Tablets itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....