Oflox 200mg Tablet
Oflox 200 MG Description
Oflox 200 tablet is an antibiotic. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, nose and ears. This tablet contains Ofloxacin as an active ingredient. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria responsible for infections.
Oflox 200 mg tablet is used in the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. Avoid during pregnancy and in lactating mothers. It is important to inform the doctor if you have allergies related to Ofloxacin or antibiotic usage. Zanocin 200 tablet, Zenflox 200 tablet and Oflomac 200 tablet also contain ofloxacin as the main component.
It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Oflox 200 tablet.
- Phoflox 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.00₹ 55.0033.57% CHEAPER₹ 5.5/Tablet
- Oflokem 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 55.3033.21% CHEAPER₹ 5.53/Tablet
- Oflokem Novo 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 51.3537.92% CHEAPER₹ 5.14/Tablet
- Eldeflox 200mg TabletBy Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 51.0038.41% CHEAPER₹ 5.1/Tablet
- Zo 200mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.25₹ 51.2838.04% CHEAPER₹ 5.13/Tablet
- Zenflox 200mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.90₹ 59.4128.26% CHEAPER₹ 5.94/Tablet
- Oflin 200mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 136.50₹ 116.026.64% CHEAPER₹ 7.73/Tablet
- Zanocin 200mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.00₹ 75.658.57% CHEAPER₹ 7.57/Tablet
- Oflomac 200mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 88.50₹ 80.532.78% CHEAPER₹ 8.05/Tablet
Uses of Oflox 200 MG
Contraindications of Oflox 200 MG
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin or any other ingredients of Oflox 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (a tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oflox 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Oflox 200 MG
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and vision disturbances when you are taking Oflox 200 tablet.
- Avoid driving or using machines while taking the medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disorders.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness or have fits
- You have diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose occurs, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints.
- You have myasthenia gravis
- You are above 60 years, the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- While going out in the sun, cover the skin and apply sunscreen.
Directions for Use of Oflox 200 MG
- Oflox 200 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Oflox 200 MG
- Store Oflox 200 tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Quick Tips of Oflox 200 MG
- Oflox 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, nose and ears.
- Complete the entire course of treatment with this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose and do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding before starting Oflox 200 tablet.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Talk to your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of it.
- Oflox 200 tablet may cause sleepiness, dizziness or vision disturbances. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine, avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks which require mental alertness....
Dosage of Oflox 200 MG
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, Oflox 200 tablet may cause dizziness, confused state, loss of consciousness, nausea, and stomach irritation.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Oflox 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Oflox 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Oflox 200mg tablet works or Oflox 200mg tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines simultaneously like dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate, Corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling, Painkillers like Ibruprofen or Diclofenac, medicines like theophylline for respiratory disorders, used to treat diabetes like Glibenclamide, Certain medicines that may affect your kidney functions like Methotrexate, Cimentidine, Probenicid can interfere with the effect of this medicine when used together....
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, and acenocoumarol; it is advised to monitor the blood tests like PT-INR regularly.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Oflox 200mg tablet...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My physician gave me Oflox 200 tablet for infection and now my 12-year-old child has the same virus. Can I give her Ofloxacin?
Q: What care must I take while taking Oflox 200 tablet?
- Avoid taking medicine to stop diarrhoea if you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea while taking Ofloxacin. Stop the medicine and inform the doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Cover the body or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform the doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash or swelling after exposure to the sun.
Q: Can I take Oflox 200 tablet during pregnancy?
Q: Is diarrhoea a side effect of Oflox 200 tablet?
- Yes, you may experience diarrhoea after taking Oflox 200 tablet as it is an antibiotic.
- It affects the normal bacterial flora of the gut along with harmful bacteria.
- In case of severe diarrhoea, reach out to the doctor.
Q: Should I stop taking Oflox tablet once my symptoms reduce?
Q: Can I take Oflox tablet for a stomach infection?
Q: What is the Oflox 200 tablet used for?
Q: When should I take the Oflox 200 tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Ofloxacin 200?
Q: Can I take the Oflox 200 for loose motion?
- [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- DailyMed - OFLOXACIN tablet, coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO.Ofloxiacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]