Oflomac 200mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oflomac 200 MG Description
Oflomac 200 tablet is an antibiotic used in certain bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin. It is not to be used
in viral infections like flu, cold etc. Take the medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. Not completing the course of antibiotics or the missing dose of antibiotics can fail therapy. You should also tell the doctor about the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you are suffering from, before starting the medicine.
|You Save||₹7.25 (9% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)
6 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Oflomac 200mg Tablet
- Olox 200mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.21₹ 62.2315.14% CHEAPER₹ 6.22/Tablet
- Oflokem 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 55.3024.56% CHEAPER₹ 5.53/Tablet
- Oflokem Novo 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 51.3530.01% CHEAPER₹ 5.13/Tablet
- Zo 200mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.25₹ 70.254.09% CHEAPER₹ 7.03/Tablet
- Qmax 200mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 55.3024.56% CHEAPER₹ 5.53/Tablet
- Oson 200mg TabletBy Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.00₹ 58.6519.92% CHEAPER₹ 5.87/Tablet
Uses of Oflomac 200 MG
Oflomac 200 tablet uses are to treat pneumonia, bronchitis (infection of the airway) and skin diseases along with the infections of the urinary tract, stomach and intestines.
Contraindications of Oflomac 200 MG
If you are allergic to this or other medicine from the same group, then do not take it. It is best avoided in children less than 18 years of age and in women who are pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is contraindicated if you experience fits or inherit a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency....
Side effects of Oflomac 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Sleeping disorder
- Itchy skin, rash
Precautions and Warnings of Oflomac 200 MG
Can I take Oflomac 200 tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid Oflomac 200 tablet if you are pregnant or planning to start a family. If you get pregnant during the treatment, then stop the medicine at once and talk to your doctor about future course of medication.
Can I take Oflomac 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is known to pass into breastmilk and can adversely affect your child. So, avoid breastfeeding you are on the prescription of this medicine. Also, you can consult with your doctor for more alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oflomac 200 tablet?
Ofloxacin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Hence, it is better to avoid driving or operating on any machines or tools.
Can I consume alcohol with Oflomac 200 tablet?
Consuming alcohol while taking Oflomac 200 tablet can aggravate dizziness and make you feel more sleepy. So, alcohol is to be avoided during the course of this medication.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Don't consume this medicine if you have any: mental illness; kidney or liver diseases; muscle weakness; diabetic or have low blood sugar; heart problems like slow heart rhythm, history of heart attack, salt imbalance in blood or history of the increased QT interval. Discontinue this medicine if you experience difficulty in vision, severe diarrhoea and pain in tendons. In case you experience any of the above symptoms on the administration of this medicine, please consult your doctor....
Mode of Action of Oflomac 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Oflomac 200 tablet prevents the proliferation of bacteria but is not effective against viral infections.
Directions for Use of Oflomac 200 MG
- Oflomac 200 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it with a glass of water.
- Do not break, chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- This medicine is to be consumed two hours before or after any dairy products or other medicines and supplements which alter its efficacy.
- The duration of the treatment will depend upon the severity of your disease.
- You should not alter or stop the dose which your doctor has prescribed.
Interactions of Oflomac 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Oflomac 200 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Other medicines like blood thinners (warfarin, acenocoumarol), quinidine, dofetilide also affect the rhythm of heart and aggravate the side effect of Oflomac 200 tablet.
- Avoid using Oflomac 200 tablet with levofloxacin as both taken together can increase side effects.
Interactions with food items
It interacts with dairy products and so it is strongly recommended to take this medicine two hours before or after any dairy products.
Storage and disposal of Oflomac 200 MG
Oflomac 200 tablets is to be kept away from heat, excessive moisture and children. Dispose of the extra medicine but do not flush or throw it in the garbage. Talk to the recycling department or your pharmacist for proper disposal....
Dosage of Oflomac 200 MG
Oflomac 200 medicine overdose can cause symptoms like dizziness, fits and confusion. Immediate medical attention is strongly suggested in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Avoid missing a dose, as this may increase the chance of getting infected with the resistant bacteria. However, on realizing about the missed dose, it should be taken immediately. If the timing for the impending dose has arrived, then the missing dose can be skipped while the regular schedule can be followed. The missing dose should not be compensated with double doses....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I avoid eating a particular food while consuming tab Oflomac 200?
A: This medicine interacts with dairy products. So, it is advised to consume this medicine two hours prior or after having dairy products like milk, yoghurt, cheese, curd and ice cream.
Q: What information should I give to my healthcare provider before taking Oflomac 200mg tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine or similar medicines or you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning for a family.
- Give a detailed medical/surgical history. Inform your healthcare provider, if you have any joint or muscle problems or
- if you suffer from myasthenia gravis (weakness of muscles), nerve disorders or are taking any blood thinners like warfarin or coumarin. Any positive history of kidneys or liver problems, fits, heart diseases with increased QT interval, reduced heartbeats....
- Other medicines interact with Oflomac 200 tablet; hence, you should duly inform your doctor about all the herbs and supplements you are taking.
Q: What care should I take to store Oflomac 200 mg tablet?
A: It should be stored at the room temperature away from direct sunlight, moisture and reach of children and your pets.
Q: How long does it take to start its effect?
A: Oflomac 200 tablet is taken twice a day for three days to six weeks depending upon the condition of your disease. You should take this medicine at regular intervals at same times (every 12 hours).
Q: What is Oflomac 200 tablet used for?
A: This medicine is used for the remediation of bacterial infections by stopping their growth. However, it is ineffective against viral infections like cold and flu.
Q: Should I stop taking the Oflomac tablet once my symptoms reduce?
Q: No, complete the entire course of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor even if your symptoms start reducing. Abruptly stopping the medicine may lead to reinfection.
Q: Can I take the Oflomac 200 tablet for a stomach infection?
Q: Do not self-prescribe this medicine otherwise it may cause bacterial resistance. Stomach infection can be due to various reasons. Hence, the doctor will prescribe you the appropriate antibiotic after diagnosis of the symptoms and type of infection.
- Ofloxacin 200 mg tablets [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- DailyMed - OFLOXACIN tablet, coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO.Ofloxiacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed