Zenflox 200mg Tablet
Zenflox 200 MG Description
Zenflox 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections of the lung, throat, airways, nose and ears. This is also used in the treatment of certain sexually transmitted diseases. It contains ofloxacin as its active ingredient.
Zenflox 200 tablet acts by inhibiting the growth of the infection-causing organism. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to ofloxacin. Zenflox should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should take Zenflox 200 with or after food to avoid undesired stomach upset.
Common side effects associated with Zenflox 200 tablet are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and itchy skin (pruritus). These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor.
Zanocin 200 tablet, Oflox 200 tablet and Oflomac 200 tablet also contain ofloxacin as the main component. Before using the Zenflox 200 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Zenflox 200 MG
- To treat Respiratory infections (pneumonia, bronchitis).
- Urinary tract infection.
- Inflammation of the bladder (Cystitis).
- Gonorrhoea (A sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs).
- Other infections of genital organs in males and females.
Contraindications of Zenflox 200 MG
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin or any other ingredients of Zenflox 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to a tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Zenflox 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Itchy skin
Precautions and Warnings of Zenflox 200 MG
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine.
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints.
- If your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You have myasthenia gravis; you may experience weakness and difficulty in breathing.
- You have a history of mental illness, fits.
- You have liver or kidney disorders.
- You are suffering from diabetes; you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, and watch for headache, weakness, tremors, and sweating.
- If you are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen.
Directions for Use of Zenflox 200 MG
Storage and disposal of Zenflox 200 MG
- Store Zenflox 200 tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Quick Tips of Zenflox 200 MG
- Zenflox 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections of the lung, throat, airways, nose and ears.
- Take this medicine as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
- You should take Zenflox 200 with or after food to avoid undesired stomach upset.
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and itchy skin can occur as side effects of this medicine in some individuals. If side effects bother you, please inform your doctor.
- Before using the Zenflox 200 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to ofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- Zenflox 200 may cause sleepiness, dizziness, vision disturbances or loss of coordination. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine, avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks which require mental alertness....
Dosage of Zenflox 200 MG
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, this medicine may cause dizziness, confusion, loss of consciousness, fits, nausea and ulcers.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Zenflox 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Zenflox 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that alter heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, and medicines used to treat psychiatric health conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder when used concomitantly can alter the effect of this medicine. Hence, they should be used cautiously....
- Zenflox 200 tablet should not be taken within two hours of taking medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium, or sucralfate, medicines used to treat HIV infection like Didanosine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling should not be used together with this medicine as it can alter the effect.
- Medicines used as painkillers like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac, medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like Theophylline when used together with Zenflox 200 tablet can increase the risk of fits. Hence, concomitant use should be avoided....
- Zenflox 200 tablet can increase the effect of medicines used to treat diabetes like Glibenclamide. The risk of low blood sugar levels increases on concomitant use. Hence, it should be used cautiously.
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like Methotrexate, Cimetidine, and Probenecid may interfere with the effect of Zenflox 200 tablet. Concomitant uses should be avoided.
- Medicines used as blood thinners like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding when used together with Zenflox 200 tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My physician gave me Zenflox 200 tablet for an infection and now my 12-year-old child has the same virus. Can I give her the same medicine?
Q: What should I remember while taking Zenflox 200 tablet?
- Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhoea. If you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea while taking Zenoflox 200, stop the medicine and inform your doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to the sun.
Q: Can I stop taking Zenflox 200 tablet on my own?
- No, do not stop taking Zenflox 200 tablet on your own.
- Complete the course of this medicine which your doctor has prescribed to you.
- Stopping the course of an antibiotic leads to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure.
Q: Can I take Zenflox 200 tablet during pregnancy?
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Zenflox 200 tablet. Is it a side effect?
- Yes, you may experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine as it is an antibiotic.
- It can affect the normal bacterial flora of your gut along with the harmful bacteria.
- If you have severe diarrhoea, reach out to your doctor.
Q: Is Zenflox habit forming?
Q: Are ofloxacin and Zenflox same?
Q: Can Zenflox 200 be used for stomach infections?
Q: When should I take Zenflox 200?
Q: How does Zenflox 200 work?
- Ofloxacin 200 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Dailymed - Ofloxacin [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Ofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Ofloxacin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Ofloxacin [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- FLOXIN tablet (Ofloxacin), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]