Zanocin 200mg Tablet
Zanocin 200 MG Description
Zanocin 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, nose and ears. Zanocin 200 is also used in the treatment of certain sexua
lly transmitted diseases. It contains ofloxacin as the active ingredient. You should take Zanocin 200 tablets as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. The common side effects associated with the use of Zanocin are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and dizziness. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel it persists, you should consult your doctor. Take Zanocin with food to avoid stomach upset and related side effects. It is very important to complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not miss any dose of this antibiotic medicine. Do not stop taking Zanocin 200 tablet on your own, as it can lead to antibiotic resistance and recurrence of infection.
|You Save||₹13.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Uses of Zanocin 200 MG
Contraindications of Zanocin 200 MG
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin or any other ingredients of Zanocin 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (a tissue connecting muscles to bones), like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby, or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects the red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Zanocin 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Zanocin 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disorders.
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints.
- You have a history of psychiatric illness, fits.
- Your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You have myasthenia gravis; you may experience weakness and difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors and sweating.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen.
- Zanocin 200 tablet should not be used in patients below 18 years of age.
Directions for Use of Zanocin 200 MG
- Zanocin 200 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Zanocin 200 MG
- Store Zanocin 200 tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children and pets.
Quick Tips of Zanocin 200 MG
- Zanocin 200mg tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections like pneumonia, urinary tract infection, throat, airways, nose, ears, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor.
- Complete the entire course of treatment with this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose, and do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Zanocin tablets should not be used by a pregnant and breastfeeding woman because it may affect the fetus adversely.
- Inform your doctor if you are planning on becoming pregnant. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and talk to your doctor.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Headache, stomach pain, rash, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of Zanocin 200mg tablet. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve even after completing the entire course of this medicine....
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking this medicine, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of Zanocin 200 MG
- If you have taken Zanocin 200 tablet more than that prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea and gastric mucosal erosions (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach lining)....
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Zanocin 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Zanocin 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zanocin 200 tablet works or zanocin itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking certain medicines like antibiotics such as Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, medicines used for heart-related disorders like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, medicines to treat a psychiatric illness like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, painkillers, antidiabetic medicines like Furosemide, blood thinners like warfarin or anti-HIV medicines, etc....
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Ofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicines as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
Dr. Alok Nachane
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My physician gave me Zanocin 200 tablet for an infection. Now my 12 year-old-child has the same virus, can I give her Ofloxacin?
Q: What should I remember while taking Zanocin 200 tablet?
- Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhoea if you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea while taking Zanocin 200 tablet. Stop this medicine and inform your doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to the sun.
Q: Can I stop taking Zanocin 200 tablet on my own?
- No, do not stop taking Zanocin 200 tablet on your own.
- Complete the course of this medicine which your doctor has prescribed to you.
- Stopping the course of an antibiotic leads to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure.
Q: Can I take Zanocin 200 tablet during pregnancy?
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Zanocin 200 tablet, is it a side effect?
- Yes, you may experience diarrhoea after taking Zanocin 200 tablet as it is an antibiotic.
- It can affect the normal bacterial flora of your gut along with harmful bacteria.
- If you have severe diarrhoea, reach out to your doctor.
Q: Is Zanocin antibiotic?
Q: What is the dosage of Zanocin?
Q: Is Zanocin 200 safe and effective?
Q: Can Zanocin 200 be used for stomach infections?
Q: When should I take Zanocin 200?
Q: What is the composition of Zanocin 200?
Q: Can I use an Zanocin tablet for severe cold?
- CDSCO - Ofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]
- OFLOXACIN tablet, coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]