Zanocin 200mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Zanocin 200mg Tab is an antibiotic medicine, which belongs to the class of fluoroquinolone, that fights bacteria in the body.
Uses of Zanocin 200mg Tab
- Zanocin 200mg Tab uses are in the treatment of bacterial infections of the chest (respiratory system), kidneys and bladder (urinary tract), and male and female genital organs (including the remedy for gonorrhoea and other genital infections).read less
Contraindications of Zanocin 200mg Tab
It is advisable to avoid Zanocin 200mg Tab in the following cases: if allergic to it or any other antibiotics which belong to a class of fluoroquinolone; if suffering from epilepsy or fits; in case have problems related to tendon such as inflammation and swelling of the ligaments (tendonitis); if pregnant or breastfeeding; if deficient to glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase or have a family history of same. if the individuals is under 18 years of age.
Side effects of Zanocin 200mg Tab
- Allergic reactions
- Severe tendon and nerve damage (may be permanent).
- Sign of increased pressure in the skull: vision changes, pain behind your eyes, ringing in your ears and headache.
- Liver problem, nausea, upper abdominal pain, yellow discolouration of eyes, nails, skin, dark urine and clay-coloured stool.
- Fainting, slow or fast breathing, fast heartbeats, headache and chest pain.
- Mucus or bloody diarrhoea with stomach cramps or pain.
- Sore skin, easy bruising, bleeding, sunburn, purple rash on the skin, causing ulceration and bleeding.
- Altered mood, behavioural changes, depression, hallucination, paranoia, tremors, insomnia and nightmares.
Precautions and Warnings of Zanocin 200mg Tab
Can I take Zanocin 200mg Tab during pregnancy?
Avoid taking this medication if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take Zanocin 200mg Tab while breastfeeding?
This drug is known to pass into breast milk; hence, kindly avoid the intake of this drug during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zanocin 200mg Tab?
This drug is known to cause sleepiness or dizziness. In such cases, avoid driving or operating tools and machines or any work which requires concentration.
Can I consume alcohol with Zanocin 200mg Tab?
You should not drink alcohol while consuming Zanocin 200mg Tab as it may increase sleepiness or drop in blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Stop the intake of this medicine and seek immediate medical attention if you have any signs or symptoms of any of the side effects or if your eyesight becomes impaired. Report to your doctor if you have heart problems, salt imbalance in the blood, slow heart rhythm, etc.read less
Mode of Action of Zanocin 200mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Zanocin 200mg Tab is antibiotic belonging to the group of fluoroquinolones, which prevents bacterial growth by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase IV, which is an enzyme necessary to separate (mostly in prokaryotes, in bacteria in particular) replicated DNA.
Directions for Use of Zanocin 200mg Tab
It is advisable to take this medicine as per your physician's advice. Use plenty of water to rehydrate. Do confirm its usage with your pharmacist. Please do not modify the dose or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better. In case of unusual observation, immediately contact your physician .
Interactions of Zanocin 200mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
Zanocin 200mg Tab for bacterial infections are reported to have interactions with blood thinners (warfarin, jantoven, Coumadin), other antibiotics (ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, norfloxacin, etc.) and drugs used for the treatment of heart rhythms (amiodarone, quinidine, sotalol, etc.).
Interactions with food items
This drug is known to have interactions with dairy products; hence, this medication is to be taken two hours before or after any intake of dairy products.
Other general Interactions
- Liver or kidney diseases.
- Mental illness.
- Myasthenia gravis (disease associated with excessive muscle weakness).
- Diabetic or low blood sugar.
Storage and disposal of Zanocin 200mg Tab
Zanocin 200mg Tab should be stored at room temperature and away from sunlight, moisture and children. Discard the expired product, do not use it beyond the stated expiry of the product.
Dosage of Zanocin 200mg Tab
Avoid taking more than the required Zanocin 200mg Tab dosage as it may result in extreme dizziness, confusion or fits.
Missed a Dose
Complete the scheduled course of medicine as prescribed by a medical practitioner. If the prescribed dose is missed, take the drug as soon as recall it. But, if it is time to administer the next treatment dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking an extra dose than the prescription. Avoid skipping doses as this may cause resistance in the body to antibiotics.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What all things that need to be discuss with healthcare provider before taking Zanocin 200mg Tab ?
- You should inform your doctor if you are suffering from any heart, kidney, liver diseases, myasthenia gravis, diabetes, joint, muscle, tendon problem, nerve disorder, history of convulsions, heart rhythm disorders or slow heartbeats, family history or personal history of long QT syndrome, low level of potassium in the blood.read less
- Inform your doctor if you are consuming medicines for blood thinners (warfarin or coumarin).
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to ofloxicin or any other drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any supplements to avoid interaction with Zanocin 200mg Tab.
Q: What is the storage instruction of medication?
A: Medication should be stored at room temperature and away from sunlight, moisture and children.
Q: What are the things that need to be considered while taking Zanocin 200mg Tab?
- Avoid taking medicine for diarrhoea.
- Avoid sunlight exposure as that may lead to skin allergies.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machines while taking the drug as that may lead to dizziness.
- Avoid taking the following drugs two hours before or after taking Zanocin 200mg Tab: didanosine, supplements and antacids that contain calcium, aluminium, iron, zinc, magnesium, milk of magnesia, ulcer medicine sucralfate, etc.read less
- Avoid live vaccines (like typhoid vaccine) as their effectiveness may be hampered.
Q: When and how to consume the medicine?
- You must take the drug exactly the way it is prescribed by the physician. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor and those mentioned on the prescription label.
- Do not modify the dose unless recommended by your doctor. Do not take it longer or shorter than advised. Using the drug when not required or if stopped unless advised can make the infection resistant to the antibiotic.read less
- Take the medicine with or without food as advised by you physician.
- Maintain the time interval between two doses.
- Drink plenty of fluids while you are taking this drug unless advised otherwise by your physician.
- For better efficacy, take the drug two hours before or after dairy products and those drugs or supplements that make it less effective.
Q: What is Zanocin 200mg Tab used to treat?
A: Zanocin 200mg Tab is an antibiotic belonging to the class of fluoroquinolone, which is used to fight bacteria in the body. Zanocin 200mg Tab is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, lungs, genitalia or urinary tract (bladder and kidneys).
Q: Can Zanocin 200mg Tab be taken empty stomach?
A: Zanocin 200mg Tab tablets can be taken either with full or empty stomach.
Q: Can Zanocin 200mg Tab is used for childeren?
A: Zanocin 200mg Tab should be avoided by individuals under the age of 18 years.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Ofloxacin 400 mg tablets.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Package leaflet: information for the patient, Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets Ofloxacin 400 mg Tablets (ofloxacin).
- Chaves RG, et al. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. 2004.
- Bar-Oz B, et al. Use of antibiotic and analgesic drugs during lactation. 2003
Other Variants for
Zanocin 200mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 12:09 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved