Oflox 100mg Rediuse
By CIPLA LIMITED
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oflox Suspension contains Ofloxacin, which belongs to the group of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolones. Oflox Suspension is used to treat bacterial infections of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, reproductive tract and lungs. This medicine works by stopping and killing the growth of the bacteria that causes the infection. This medicine should not be used by children below 18 years of age, pregnant and breastfeeding women. Oflox Suspension should be used in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor, preferably at a fixed time. Shake the bottle well before use. It may be taken with or without food. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Infor your doctor about all the medical conditions and medications along with a family history of any disease. Headache, dizziness, nausea and constipation are the most common side effects of this medicine, which are temporary and resolves on their own. If it bothers you or persists for a longer duration, visit your doctor or a nearby hospital.
Uses of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
Oflox Suspension is used to treat infections of the lungs, airways, urinary tract, reproductive tract and genital organs.
Contraindications of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin or any other ingredients of Oflox Suspension.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to a tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
- Stomach pain
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Sleeping disorder
- Inflammation of pharynx and nasal cavity (Nasopharyngitis)
- Itchy skin (Pruritus)
Precautions and Warnings of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
Can I take the Oflox Suspension during pregnancy?
Oflox Suspension should not be consumed during pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the Oflox Suspension while breastfeeding?
Oflox Suspension can pass into human breastmilk and can cause serious harm to your baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Oflox Suspension?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking Oflox Suspension, thus avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Oflox Suspension?
You should not drink alcohol while taking Oflox Suspension, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints.
- Your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You have myasthenia gravis; you may experience weakness and difficulty in breathing.
- You have a history of mental illness, fits.
- You have liver or kidney disorders.
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen.
- Oflox Suspension should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
How Does It Work?
Oflox Suspension works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria thereby stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
- Take Oflox Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Oflox Suspension may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Oflox Suspension works, if taken at the same time
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like antidiabetic medicines like glibenclamide, furosemide, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine, amiodarone, anti-depressant like amitriptyline, medicines for respiratory problems like Theophylline, other antibiotics like clarithromycin, azithromycin etc.read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-HIV medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac, corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling.read less
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Ofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicines as they reduce the effect of this medicine.read less
Storage and disposal of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
- Store Oflox Suspension at room temperature.
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Oflox 100mg Rediuse
- An excess of Oflox Suspension may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea and gastric mucosal erosions (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach lining).
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I remember while taking the Oflox Suspension?
- Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhoea if you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea while taking Ofloxacin. Stop the medicine and inform your doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to the sun.
Q: Can Oflox Suspension be used for vomiting?
A: No, Oflox Suspension is not indicated to be used for vomiting. It is used to treat various bacterial infections of the skin, lungs, airways, urinary tract and genital parts.
Q: Can I stop taking the Oflox Suspension when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Oflox Suspension before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment else there are chances of recurrence of the infection.
Q: Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of Oflox Suspension?
A: It is recommended not to self-medicate yourself. Consuming a higher than the recommended dose increases the chance of side effects and may be harmful as well. Always consult your doctor before taking any medicine.
Q: Is Oflox Suspension safe and effective?
A: Oflox Suspension is safe and effective if you have taken it in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of recurrence of the infection increases.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved