Oflox 100mg Rediuse Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Oflox 100 MG/5ML Description
Oflox Suspension contains Ofloxacin, which belongs to the group of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolones. Oflox Suspension is used to treat bacterial infections of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, re
productive tract and lungs. This medicine works by stopping and killing the growth of the bacteria that causes the infection. This medicine should not be used by children below 18 years of age, pregnant and breastfeeding women. Oflox Suspension should be used in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor, preferably at a fixed time. Shake the bottle well before use. It may be taken with or without food. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Infor your doctor about all the medical conditions and medications along with a family history of any disease. Headache, dizziness, nausea and constipation are the most common side effects of this medicine, which are temporary and resolves on their own. If it bothers you or persists for a longer duration, visit your doctor or a nearby hospital.
Uses of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
Contraindications of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin or any other ingredients of Oflox Suspension.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to a tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
- Stomach pain
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Sleeping disorder
- Inflammation of pharynx and nasal cavity (Nasopharyngitis)
- Itchy skin (Pruritus)
Precautions and Warnings of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints.
- Your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You have myasthenia gravis; you may experience weakness and difficulty in breathing.
- You have a history of mental illness, fits.
- You have liver or kidney disorders.
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen.
- Oflox Suspension should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
- Take Oflox Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Oflox Suspension may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Oflox Suspension works, if taken at the same time
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like antidiabetic medicines like glibenclamide, furosemide, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine, amiodarone, anti-depressant like amitriptyline, medicines for respiratory problems like Theophylline, other antibiotics like clarithromycin, azithromycin etc. ...
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-HIV medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac, corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling....
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Ofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicines as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
- Store Oflox Suspension at room temperature.
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Oflox 100 MG/5ML
- An excess of Oflox Suspension may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea and gastric mucosal erosions (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach lining).
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I remember while taking the Oflox Suspension?
- Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhoea if you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea while taking Ofloxacin. Stop the medicine and inform your doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to the sun.