Oflomac 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Oflomac 300 MG Description
Oflomac 300 Tablet contains Ofloxacin. It is an antibiotic. It is used to treat bacterial infections associated with the lungs, throat, airways, nose and ears. It is also used in the treatment of cer
tain sexually transmitted diseases. The common side effects associated with this medicine are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and itchy skin (Pruritus). This medicine is not to be used during pregnancy and in lactating mothers. It is important to inform the doctor if you have any allergy related to Ofloxacin or antibiotic usage.
Uses of Oflomac 300 MG
Contraindications of Oflomac 300 MG
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (a tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects the red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oflomac 300 MG
- Stomach pain
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Sleeping disorder
- Inflammation of mouth and nasal cavity (Nasopharyngitis)
- Itchy skin (Pruritus)
Precautions and Warnings of Oflomac 300 MG
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine.
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints.
- Your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You have myasthenia gravis; you may experience weakness and difficulty in breathing.
- You have a history of mental illness, fits.
- You have liver or kidney disorders.
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for a headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen.
Mode of Action of Oflomac 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oflomac 300 MG
Interactions of Oflomac 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines that alter heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, medicines used to treat a psychiatric illness like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin and medicines used to treat psychiatric health conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder with this medicine can alter the effect of the Oflomac 300 Tablet....
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Ofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicines as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling.
- Painkillers like Ibruprofen or Diclofenac, medicines like theophylline for respiratory disorders should be used cautiously used with Oflomac 300 Tablet as they increase the risk of fits.
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Glibenclamide when used together with the Oflomac 300 Tablet can cause low blood sugar. Hence, blood sugar should be monitored while using this medicine.
- Certain medicines that may affect your kidney functions like Methotrexate, Cimetidine, Probenecid can interfere with the effect of this medicine when used together.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin when used together with this medicine can increase the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Oflomac 300 MG
- Store Oflomac 300 Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Oflomac 300 MG
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, this medicine may cause dizziness, confused state, loss of consciousness, fits, nausea and inflammation within the stomach lining.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My physician gave me the Oflomac 300 Tablet for infection and now my 12-year-old child has the same virus, can I give her Ofloxacin?
Q: What should I remember while taking the Oflomac 300 Tablet?
- Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhoea, if you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea while taking the Ofloxacin. Stop the medicine and inform your doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to the sun.
Q: Can I stop taking the Oflomac 300 Tablet on my own?
- No, do not stop taking the Oflomac 300 Tablet on your own.
- Complete the course of this medicine which your doctor has prescribed you.
- Stopping the course of an antibiotic leads to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure.
Q: Can I take the Oflomac 300 Tablet during pregnancy?
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking the Oflomac 300 Tablet, is it a side effect?
- Yes, you may experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine as it is an antibiotic.
- It can affect the normal bacterial flora of your gut along with harmful bacteria.
- If you have severe diarrhoea, reach out to your doctor.