Oflomac 300mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oflomac 300 Tablet contains Ofloxacin. It is an antibiotic. It is used to treat bacterial infections associated with the lungs, throat, airways, nose and ears. It is also used in the treatment of certain sexually transmitted diseases. The common side effects associated with this medicine are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and itchy skin (Pruritus). This medicine is not to be used during pregnancy and in lactating mothers. It is important to inform the doctor if you have any allergy related to Ofloxacin or antibiotic usage....
Uses of Oflomac 300 MG
For the treatment of respiratory infections (pneumonia, bronchitis), urinary tract infection, inflammation of the bladder (Cystitis), Gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)....
Contraindications of Oflomac 300 MG
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (a tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects the red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oflomac 300 MG
- Stomach pain
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Sleeping disorder
- Inflammation of mouth and nasal cavity (Nasopharyngitis)
- Itchy skin (Pruritus)
Precautions and Warnings of Oflomac 300 MG
Can I take the Oflomac 300 Tablet during pregnancy?
Oflomac 300 Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take the Oflomac 300 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Oflomac 300 Tablet can pass into the breastmilk and can cause serious harm to your baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Oflomac 300 Tablet?
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine.
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Oflomac 300 Tablet?
You should not drink alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints.
- Your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You have myasthenia gravis; you may experience weakness and difficulty in breathing.
- You have a history of mental illness, fits.
- You have liver or kidney disorders.
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for a headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen.
Mode of Action of Oflomac 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Oflomac 300 Tablet inhibits the enzymes that are important for the replication of bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Oflomac 300 MG
Take this medicine as per the directions of the doctor. Swallow it as a whole medicine with a glass of water.
Interactions of Oflomac 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines that alter heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, medicines used to treat a psychiatric illness like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin and medicines used to treat psychiatric health conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder with this medicine can alter the effect of the Oflomac 300 Tablet....
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Ofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicines as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling.
- Painkillers like Ibruprofen or Diclofenac, medicines like theophylline for respiratory disorders should be used cautiously used with Oflomac 300 Tablet as they increase the risk of fits.
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Glibenclamide when used together with the Oflomac 300 Tablet can cause low blood sugar. Hence, blood sugar should be monitored while using this medicine.
- Certain medicines that may affect your kidney functions like Methotrexate, Cimetidine, Probenecid can interfere with the effect of this medicine when used together.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin when used together with this medicine can increase the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Oflomac 300 MG
- Store Oflomac 300 Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Oflomac 300 MG
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, this medicine may cause dizziness, confused state, loss of consciousness, fits, nausea and inflammation within the stomach lining.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My physician gave me the Oflomac 300 Tablet for infection and now my 12-year-old child has the same virus, can I give her Ofloxacin?
A: No, never give this medicine to children. This medicine is known to cause serious side effects of tendon rupture in growing children. Hence, it should never be given to them.
Q: What should I remember while taking the Oflomac 300 Tablet?
- Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhoea, if you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea while taking the Ofloxacin. Stop the medicine and inform your doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to the sun.
Q: Can I stop taking the Oflomac 300 Tablet on my own?
- No, do not stop taking the Oflomac 300 Tablet on your own.
- Complete the course of this medicine which your doctor has prescribed you.
- Stopping the course of an antibiotic leads to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure.
Q: Can I take the Oflomac 300 Tablet during pregnancy?
A: No, it is unsafe to take the Oflomac 300 Tablet during pregnancy. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking the Oflomac 300 Tablet, is it a side effect?
- Yes, you may experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine as it is an antibiotic.
- It can affect the normal bacterial flora of your gut along with harmful bacteria.
- If you have severe diarrhoea, reach out to your doctor.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.